Crusing with a Baby.

swingdancer2

Hi,

My wife & will be going on our 6th princess on June 17. This time, however, we will have our baby Daisy with us. She will turn one during the cruise. It is out of our home NYC. Her grandparents will also be aboard.

Any words of wisedom?

Thanks,

Welcome to the boards!:)

You might have more luck w/ the question on the family cruising boards.

A lot of good tips over there, it is well worth the look. We are cruising w/ our grandson and he is 2 and that's where I found interesting suggestions. Some ports don't have seat belts in the cabs so no car seats.:eek: Biggest tip is bring plenty of diapers (very expensive on the islands) and plastic bags for the soiled diapers.

Good luck!

We've cruised several times with my daughter -- her first cruise was when she was a mere 8 months old; now she's getting ready for her fourth cruise next month on the Crown. (And we've already booked her 'platinum' cruise for next spring....Platinum status before she's five! I'm raising a true Princess cruiser!') ;)

I forgot how old you said your child was, but my daughter loved the kids center on her second and third cruises (ages 2 & 3). We never left her there by herself (still too young), but she enjoyed playing with the various activities.

Princess has been wonderful as far as cruising with a little one. In addition to having the crib in our suite when we boarded (when my daughter was an infant), my TA had also coordinated with Princess to have baby food and juice available every day of the trip. We only had to call room service in the morning and tell them what we wanted (i.e., three vegetables, two fruits, box of rice cereal and four juices) for the day. It was fantastic!

And the best part for the parents? Most days my daughter was either exhausted from all the fun or the ship rocked her to sleep!;)

Anyway....hope you and your family enjoy the cruise!

-- Midwest Mom

You are smart to take her grandparents, to give you a break.

Just be aware - babes in diapers are not allowed in the pools. Health issues. Other than that, enjoy - you'll have so many people making a fuss over her on the ship - everyone loves a baby!

They do have a splash pool for the infants. Princess care starts @ 3 but when I called to ask about it was told, when it was open we were more than welcome to come w/ our grandson and play and use the toys, just couldn't leave him there.Not that we want to!:)

Archived