Email address while onboard?

SeattleCruiser07

I think I saw this in one of the dozens of threads I've read while researching for my upcoming trip on the Golden (Inside Passage 6/16-6/23) ... but I cannot find it and the search function keeps timing out.

Can anyone help?

Is there an email address I can give to my husband and other family members to use if they want to get a message to us while we're on board?

Thanks in advance!

:)

SeattleCruiser07

It used to be possible to send an e-mail to a passenger just by sending it to the ship's e-mail address, but I'm not sure if this is done any more. It would be so overwhelming these days. I suggest setting up a Yahoo or other e-mail address to use, or just use your own and make use of the internet services on board or in port.

I guess I was thinking more for emergencies - i.e. how will family members get a hold of us in case an emergency comes up. I guess I can just plan to check my hotmail account every day ... but I thought there was a way my husband would be able to get a message delivered to us if need be.

I guess I was thinking more for emergencies - i.e. how will family members get a hold of us in case an emergency comes up. I guess I can just plan to check my hotmail account every day ... but I thought there was a way my husband would be able to get a message delivered to us if need be.

I understand whay you are looking for, but I have not heard of it working lately. I definitely would not use the ships email address for any emergency as it is not guranteed to be delivered in a timely manor. Leave the ships phone number with those at home and if something really important comes up that just can't wait, then have them call. It is expensive, but in a real emergency, money shouldn't matter.

Otherwise, your hotmail account would be the way to go for just chit chat while you are gone.

Because of a situation at home, I am planning on setting up a new hotmail or yahoo account to be used while we are gone in July. I will be giving the address only to family members and our house sitter to be used for an emergency. This way I will not have to spend time/money filtering thru all the junk mail.

Have a great cruise. :)

We travel often (not just cruises). We always have a house sitter with the pets. I also have an ill parent. What we do is check E-mail daily for minor problems. And, everyone in the family has the Princess ship 900 number. If there is a fire or a death in the family, the last thing I will care about is a $60 phone bill. And paying an extra $15 on a cruise for E-mail access in no big deal. Actually, now that we are Platinum level on Princess, there is no cost for checking E-mail.

So far, in two years of cruising, we have yet to get even a minor emergency E-mail (knock on wood).

As the others have said, the best way for family members to contact you on the ship is to call or send an email. Like so many other things, I suspect that being able to email the passenger on the ship through the ship's communication system has gone away due to abuse or overuse by people who didn't want to communicate via the ship's Internet cafe.

Thanks everyone. I'll plan on checking my hotmail account for minor stuff and I'll leave the Princess phone numbers with family members in case of emergency. For anyone who lands on this thread and needs the info, it is in the Cruise Answer Book and online at:

http://www.princess.com/answer/ready.html

For all ships in the Princess fleet, call 1-900-329-SHIP (1-900-329-7447) from the United States or 1- 1-900-565-2800 from Canada to bill your telephone. Calls can also be charged to a credit card in both the United States and Canada by dialing 1-877-656-7447. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card (not Canadian) are all accepted. The cost for each call is $8.95 USD per minute or $11.95 CAD per minute.

:)

SeattleCruiser07

Archived