Millie 9145-CC vs. a "Sweet 16"

ATLfuzzy

I got a very unexpected phone call from my travel agent, in that a Concierge Class cabin is available on my sailing (CC 9145) for 100$ LESS per person than what I was paying for one of the big balcony "Sweet 16". I've always wanted to try CC, so of course I swapped cabins without blinking.

I'm not overly concerned with the balcony size, but more with "noise".

Of course now I am looking at the ship plan, and 9145 is under the Ocean Cafe, which I'm sure is busy morning/noon/night. Is noise going to be a factor in my new cabin? Just wondering..

Anyway, I'm grateful this happened and can't wait! Thanks for the input.:)

I don't know where the overhangs are, but you might be able to switch to a different CC room if the one you were assigned bothers you. As of this post, 8143 is available on the 8/17 sailing....would that be any better? Enjoy the CC amenities!

We had no noise issues from above when we in a CC on Deck 9. I believe the area above you is carpeted, unless it's at the very aft of the ship.

Just be forewarned there is a large overhang over the balcony...it juts out really far past the balcony itself. It didn't bother us one bit...in fact, we liked it. If it rained, there was absolutely no chance of getting wet if you wanted to sit out on your balcony. The only thing is you won't get sun out there, but if that's not an issue for you (you can't fit a lounge chair on those balconies anyway), I don't think you'll be disappiointed. I'd get a cabin on Deck 9 again with no reservations. People had me so freaked out about that overhang, and when I saw it, I wondered why I was so worried. People said the cabin would be much darker during the day (maybe slightly so, but hardly enough to even notice).

Don't worry; keep what you've got and enjoy.

so good to know....thanks for the replies, folks. I did change late last nite to 7197 which is a CC almost all the way aft, with no public space above. No overhang, no noise, nothing for me to obsess over :-P So.....we shall see!

Cheers!

Archived