holland america, princess or RCCL ?

Im so indecisive,,, we are looking at a 7 day mexico cruise for our 8 year wedding anniversary in feb, all the prices for the different cruiselines are in the same kinda range, but im torn between chosing Holland america, princess , or RCL ???

any suggestions,, ? as far as food, kids programs, entertainment etc

weve only been on celebrity, ncl and carnival

we also have a 7 year old daughter that will be going as well,,

celebrity was the best cruiseline weve been on so far,, any to compare?

thanks in advance for any opinions

does anyone else ever go through this when booking a cruise:o makes my brain tired ..LOL

Melissa

With a 7 year old I would go with Royal Caribbean or Princess. There is more to do on a Royal Caribbean ship with the Rock wall and all the other active activities. I think the food is better on Princess. One of my kids likes Royal Caribbean the best and the other likes Princess the best. You can't go wrong either way.

Personally, a ship with a rock wall is not a deal breaker. I believe it has to be on the overall line and the ports the ship will visit.

I am partial toward Princess and HAL as less incidents with children have occurred on their ships. Regardless, here are some links so you can make an objective decision on your own. Good luck!

HAL:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboard/kidscruise

Princess:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/activities/youthandteens/index.html

RCL:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/familycruising/home.do;jsessionid=0000rEYD95VL0RdvQ1Vnjjdy7P8:10ktmf05t?cS=NAVBAR

With kids, I would recommend Princess or RCL. I have taken my son on both and he was very impressed with the kids activities on both lines. You will have a great time on either of these lines also. BTW, Celebrity is my favorite cruise line also.

Hello,

Having been on 17 cruises, I suggest that you look at RCCL and Princess because these are the all purpose cruise lines. Both provide a very nice cruise experience. Celebrity is my first choice but it is my understanding that they no longer cruise to and from Mexico.

HAL is a very fine cruise line (excellent food and service) but it is really for affluent older persons, most of whom are retired. You will have a great time on an HAL cruise, but with a child, RCCL or Princess are the better choice. if you wanted to treat your parents to a cruise HAL would certainly be looked at.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Archived