my review of E.O.S. May11-May21, 2007

My whole family cruised. Husband, son and daughter. We did not go to Orient Beach. My daughter and I did do quite a bit of walking around the ship.

Did you meet anyone from Cruise Critic while onboard? Did you attend the meet and mingle?

Have a good weekend and book yourself another cruise!!!!!!!!

no i wasn't really on cruise critic until after the cruise....well i had registered but not really posted...i never really even cared about cruising until i tried it once, now i seem to be obsessed!

hmm, your whole family, what do you guys look like-where are you from?

Welcome to the "Cruising Addiction" club....Once I took my first cruise I was addicted...Now I try to go at least once a year..sometimes two times a year as this year...I leave on June 8..Explorer........then again in November...............Glad you had a great time...........It is an AWESOME feeling......CRUISING!!!

i never really even cared about cruising until i tried it once, now i seem to be obsessed!

That's putting it mildly, lol! However, welcome to our club! I think cruising on RCI is going to give anyone PCD and/or a Cruising Obsession, but esp being on Explorer...there are a bunch of us major Explorer fans on the "All Things Explorer" thread! Now you can definitely relate to why we love that ship so much! :D

Definitely the only way to cure PCD is to book another. That way you always have one to look forward to! :)

what are the other RCI ships like, are they pretty much the same? is explorer bigger than most? do u think if i go on another cruiseline or ship i will be disppointed?

Explorer is the 2nd biggest of the RCI ships, so yes it is BIG! MANY years ago I went on smaller ships, like Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas), but for years now I have been sailing on the biggest ships. I just got off Liberty of the Seas (the biggest in the world), and then went right on Enchantment, which is half the size of Liberty. Thing is, I LOVE the big ships! So Enchantment took some getting used to. But after a couple hours I was in love with her too. :) She is BEAUTIFUL, and there was still a lot to do! So you might have to get used to a smaller boat visually, but once you do you will still have a blast, no doubt!!!

donsonny...you were on the Baltimore Bus...were you and your wife the ones we were talking to? We are the Philly people sitting a few rows up from you on the bus (if this is you). This was your first cruise...you were going to tip all the luggage carriers before getting on the ship????

what are the other RCI ships like, are they pretty much the same? is explorer bigger than most? do u think if i go on another cruiseline or ship i will be disppointed?

we only saw each other from a distance (our balconies) but you said you were playing volleyball...were you there on Saturday afternoon? Poohb we playing and I was watching, eventually I played a little too...some young girls and a boy were playing and I came on at the same time...

spanky

:D We have been on two glorious Royal Caribbean cruises (Explorer last year), and have another booked for December on Explorer once again. The first cruise was on Voyager, which was also lovely. This time we're going for 12 days. You don't know how I'm counting the days!!! We are definitely hooked on cruising.:p

Spanky

My daughter and I played the first day they had dodgeball and my daughter played again on Saturday. She told me that she lasted pretty long and that she also fell. So if you witnessed a 19 year old falling - that was her!!!!!!

Spanky

My daughter and I played the first day they had dodgeball and my daughter played again on Saturday. She told me that she lasted pretty long and that she also fell. So if you witnessed a 19 year old falling - that was her!!!!!!

I can't say I remember anyone falling but...was she there when a guy tried to make a save, hit the ball HARD, it went flying up in the air and the wind caught it...it went overboard BUT the wind all of a sudden blew it back on the deck! We were all amazed - the Rock Wall people and crew were all clapping! I wish I had the video for that one! You know, I just realized you were talking about dodgeball...I misread and was actually talking about volleyball! I think I need to go on another cruise!

spanky

donsonny...you were on the Baltimore Bus...were you and your wife the ones we were talking to? We are the Philly people sitting a few rows up from you on the bus (if this is you). This was your first cruise...you were going to tip all the luggage carriers before getting on the ship????

spanky-

are you the younger couple on the bus? Our bus went to dc, baltimore, then philly, then westhampton? i think your names were dave and lisa? your wife said she was in rocky 3 when i asked her about the rocky statue in philly (if this is you, if not , pardon me)...anyway let me know if this is you....we freakin loved our cruise. that night we got back, i wasn't that depressed because i had 2 new episodes of sopranos to watch back to back that i had missed, but the next day it really hit me and i was actually depressed.....we want to become seasoned cruisers like you guys (If this is you)

if i had to pick out any low points of the cruise (and i am not complaining at all, but hey we are in a "discussion" board here, so why not?) is that i do not think you should have to pay for sodas--we got the soda package, and i think that should be free...but whatever

and also the food was fantastic on the entire cruise, the only thing i did not think were so great were the eggs...they werent really all that--

but damn it was a pretty good cruise if those were the only low points then it had to have been a money time...what agreat time

I can't say I remember anyone falling but...was she there when a guy tried to make a save, hit the ball HARD, it went flying up in the air and the wind caught it...it went overboard BUT the wind all of a sudden blew it back on the deck! We were all amazed - the Rock Wall people and crew were all clapping! I wish I had the video for that one! You know, I just realized you were talking about dodgeball...I misread and was actually talking about volleyball! I think I need to go on another cruise!

spanky

Hi Spanky,

What part of Philly are you from??? I am from Philly too, and my Mom and I will be on the Enchantment, May 2008. We were on the Majesty April 23rd, and had a great time!!:)

Did you write a review of the ship??

spanky-

are you the younger couple on the bus? Our bus went to dc, baltimore, then philly, then westhampton? i think your names were dave and lisa? your wife said she was in rocky 3 when i asked her about the rocky statue in philly (if this is you, if not , pardon me)...anyway let me know if this is you....we freakin loved our cruise. that night we got back, i wasn't that depressed because i had 2 new episodes of sopranos to watch back to back that i had missed, but the next day it really hit me and i was actually depressed.....we want to become seasoned cruisers like you guys (If this is you)

How did you (and spanky) enjoy the bus? We're using bus out of Hartford, CT, for our next cruise. :)

How did you (and spanky) enjoy the bus? We're using bus out of Hartford, CT, for our next cruise. :)

our bus was great....there was hardly anyone on it, we had plenty of room to spread out.....next time though we are going to try to get a cruise out of baltimore (my hometown) so we dont have to deal with any traveling....but i didnt midn the bus..the driver was friendly as were the people on it...however i dont know if all buses were as nice as ours was, i hear some get full

spanky-

Yes, we are the younger couple on the bus (no offense to any other people who were on the bus with us)...what were your names? we cannot remember. I thought something about your first message sounded familiar...you guys are hooked now for sure! We might not have mentioned it but we took a cruise last year out of Baltimore on the Grandeur...while the ship wasn't as large or as grand as the Explorer, it was still a nice ship (most of them are) and you would have a great time on it. I'm not sure if it is still going to be based in Baltimore next year but you can check it out on http://www.rccl.com.

Spanky happens to be my karaoke stage name (I do not even remember how it came to be). How is married life treating you?

Hi Spanky,

What part of Philly are you from??? I am from Philly too, and my Mom and I will be on the Enchantment, May 2008. We were on the Majesty April 23rd, and had a great time!!:)

Did you write a review of the ship??

We are from Northeast Philly, not far from Cottman and Castor. I didn't write a review, I always say I will but haven't done one in a long time. Where are you from?

We liked taking the bus. We've done it a few times already and it is pretty convenient and we've never had a full bus. It's nice knowing that RCCL is responsible for getting us to the ship on time. Plus, this time, the bus was free! After making our final payment, I found out on the boards that some people did not have to pay - I called my TA and we were credited the amount - what a deal that turned out to be!

spanky

Yes, we are the younger couple on the bus (no offense to any other people who were on the bus with us)...what were your names? we cannot remember. I thought something about your first message sounded familiar...you guys are hooked now for sure! We might not have mentioned it but we took a cruise last year out of Baltimore on the Grandeur...while the ship wasn't as large or as grand as the Explorer, it was still a nice ship (most of them are) and you would have a great time on it. I'm not sure if it is still going to be based in Baltimore next year but you can check it out on www.rccl.com.

Spanky happens to be my karaoke stage name (I do not even remember how it came to be). How is married life treating you?

married life is great, can't complain, maybe my wife could though...ha ha....our names are damon and laura, we're from Baltimore.....now i remember who both of you were...funny how you find people....i actually had signed up for cruise critic before we left, but hadn't really posted until after we got back...i realize i am hooked! i have been obsessing over planning a new one ever since i got back!

i am a personal trainer for a living, so usually i eat healthy and workout everyday (y'know, practice what you preach) but being on the ship it was tough to maintain that ya know? all the food was soo good and ample....one day i literally think i ate 7 or 8 of those cookies in the windjammer, after lunch! (shh-dont tell any of my clients)....we had such a good time though...a few nights my wife got tired before me and bailed to bed and i stayed out and still had an awesome time by myself....our most frequented bar was probably the aquarium bar.....plus u cant beat the love and marriage show they had on all week, we watched it in our rooms over and over again and it never got old...crazy....we wanted a full copy of it but the operator said they can only give full copies to the contestants.....that was a little disappointing because our cruise in review dvd(which i learned is more or less just a means of advertising for RCCL) only had snippets....

but yeah we are hooked and can't wait to go again!

We are from Northeast Philly, not far from Cottman and Castor. I didn't write a review, I always say I will but haven't done one in a long time. Where are you from?

We liked taking the bus. We've done it a few times already and it is pretty convenient and we've never had a full bus. It's nice knowing that RCCL is responsible for getting us to the ship on time. Plus, this time, the bus was free! After making our final payment, I found out on the boards that some people did not have to pay - I called my TA and we were credited the amount - what a deal that turned out to be!

spanky

We are from North Phila, near the Philly Zoo, actually I could walk to the zoo in about 30 minutes.

Hi All.

I thought I'd hop on here and see if anyone has the 9 nite menu for explorer.I was interested in Thursday nite in particular to book portofino's.Someone on another thread said it is Venetian nite,can't remember what that was. Or if you can suggest another nite.So any help would be greatly appreciated:D

thanks, Liz

we didnt go to any of the specialty restaurants...when they say $20 or $3.95 cover charge does that mean you just pay the cover and then food is covered? or do u pay the cover and still pay for meals?

we didnt go to any of the specialty restaurants...when they say $20 or $3.95 cover charge does that mean you just pay the cover and then food is covered? or do u pay the cover and still pay for meals?

Yes, all the food is covered after the cover charge. Specialty drinks and shakes are extra.

*wonders where your other thread went . . . :o*

Archived