QM2, B6 -- Cabin 8,014

brightonguys

We just booked this cabin for the Nov. 20, 2007, NY/Carib/NY cruise. This will be our first cruise on the QM2 and I am curious if anyone has any information on this cabin. I've searched the threads, and it looks like it has a "regular" balcony (as opposed to "sheltered"), and that it is just in front of the life boats, so that the view is obstructed as you look back. Any information on this cabin or category would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@ brightonguys

Hi, we've been in 8082 midship in 2005, and already had a lifeboat right in front of our balcony. We did know that bevore and it was fine anyway, because there is a very limited chance to see another ship or anyting else on a TA-crossing.

It would be different on a cruise to the caribbeans or somwhere else, but crossing the pond the B6 is a very good value in my opinion.

If there are any further questions dont hesitate to ask again.

All the best for your trip

Thanks guys for your input -- I really appreciate it. I guess I'm hoping that, even though obstructed, it is more minimally obstructed that the B5s on Deck 8. It appears it would be when looking at the deck plans, but then it doesn't seem to make sense as B6 is a lower class cabin than B5. Thank you again.

Wow, thank you so much for the link to your pics, Rick! That's pretty much exactly how it appears to be depicted in the deck plan. I'm glad to see it in photos, though. :) And very happy to hear you think it a good choice.

Ed

Archived