Half Moon Cay - Clam Shells, etc.

accobend

On Carnival's website, Clam Shells for Half Moon Cay are listed at $19 per hour. Is this really the price?

Also, I have read lots of threads about the sand fleas. I get the impression you pretty much have to avoid any island vegetation areas, but what about on the sand itself? Is it enough to be above the sand in a lounge chair or do you need protection from them on the beach as well?

I already need to coat myself in sunscreen, just don't want to coat in bug repellent if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

accobend :confused:

On Carnival's website, Clam Shells for Half Moon Cay are listed at $19 per hour. Is this really the price?

Also, I have read lots of threads about the sand fleas. I get the impression you pretty much have to avoid any island vegetation areas, but what about on the sand itself? Is it enough to be above the sand in a lounge chair or do you need protection from them on the beach as well?

I already need to coat myself in sunscreen, just don't want to coat in bug repellent if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

accobend :confused:

Just returned form carnival Triumph stoped at Half Moon Cay May 20th rented a clamshell for $19 per day. The sun was shining for about thirty minutes then a down pour came and the clamshell saved us from the rain. I would always rent a calmshell.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived