Skip the cruise excursion and do Paradise Beach??

lisacas1

My boyfriend and I will be taking our first cruise on the Celebration 9/2 to Cozumel. After reading incredible posts for Paradise beach, would you recommend we just skip picking an excursion from the cruise (Passion Island) and just go straight to PB? Seems like there's a lot of activities over there already? We're into water activites, laying out and relaxing, and of course... drinking - so what would fit us best - Paradise Beach or Passion Island??

If there's anyone else traveling out of the Port of Galveston on 9/02 - hit us up, we're a fun couple to party with!!! (We're in our early 30s)

Lisa

Celebration 9/02

If you are money conscious like we are, you can do everything on your own leisure time at Paradise Beach. The taxi ride is inexpensive and you can stay as long as you want, whereas the ship tours are very expensive and you will be on a time schedule. I hear PB has great food too. We leave out this Saturday on the Carnival Celebration and will be at PB on Monday. Look for my review when we return.

~Bon Voyage~

Carnival Fantasy 05/97

Carnival Celebration 08/04

So pretty much you can do everything at Paradise Beach as you can on Passion Island?

Past excursioners... what do you think? Which one would be more fun? We're pretty social people and love to stay active.

Lisa

Carnival Celebration 9/02

Hey cruisegirl1990 - thanks for the tip! We will definently go to PB! I've heard only good things about it! How's the price of drinks and food there? Any particular bar or restaurant you'd recommend?

Lisa

Carnival Celebration - Labor Day Weekend 9/02

I'm the girl who works on Passion Island so maybe I can help with your decision. Your post said you were looking for water activities...so that right there rules out Passion Island. We offer a peaceful, relaxed pure white 2 mile long slice of heaven...no water activities other than floating in water that is 200 shades of aqua.

I know a lot of people comment about tour price out to Passion Island...but add up the price of the taxi both ways (that isn't air conditioned), a full meal for all in the group and unlimited open bar....and 9 times out of ten you have exceeded the price of the trip to Passion Island. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy Paradise Beach Club from time to time. And I am approached by people almost every day out on the pier looking for a nice beach club to go to...I always send them to Paradise Beach. It is more for the crowd that doesn't mind a mini cruise ship environment...the next beach chair right at your side, loud music and a big choice of water toys.

The one thing I also might add...if for some reason I am ever late getting a tour back to the ship (it has never happened!)...the ship will not leave port without you. If you run into a problem out doing something on your own...you either hop a flight to the next port of call or arrange for a tender to shuttle you out to the ship if it is still in range. Both at your own expense...which is very steep!

Not sure what is worth but I just read over my comment cards from yesterday's tour...not one said the trip was too expensive. But I did have 5 say that it was worth every penny, 11 say they wish they could live there, 8 say it was the best excursion ever, and every single one of the 45 comment cards rating everything excellent. And interestingly enough...a marriage proposal! Gosh, I have a great job!

Thank you Solita for the great description of both sites! I can't wait to be there! If we do decide to visit Passion Island (because right now both sound great!) I will definently look you up! I don't doubt one bit that Passion Island is as beautiful as you've described!

Thanks again for the great write up!

Lisa

Carnival Celebration 9/02/2004!!!!

Solita...I know past guests will agree with me on this; we DO NOT have loud music. I´d say that at about half our lounge chairs, you can´t even hear the music. I´ve had people ask me to TURN UP the music! Of course all bets are off during Spring Break ;)!!

Getting back to your cruise ship on time from PB is not a problem, we have a taxi stand on the premises so you´ll never have to wait long (if at all!)

Solita, thanx for sending people our way, please come introduce yourself next time you´re here and I´ll buy you an adult beverage...hasta la vista!

Hi Paradise Beach Tom!

I see your name EVERYWHERE on this site! Glad to have the chance to write to you now! Look for me and my boyfriend on 9/04. Just look for the Hawaiian girl and the Houston guy, we'll be the wild ones coming off the boat.. hee hee! We look forward to meeting you and living it up on Paradise Beach!!

Lisa

Celebration 9/02/04 - LIVING IT UP!!!!

I was searching through the boards and saw a few reviews on the condition of Paradise Beach - the beach/shoreline itself. Some state that the water reminded them of the Gulf of Mexico (murky) with seaweed and rocky. Is the beach area rocky? I've been imagining myself for the past few months running barefoot towards the water. I love snorkeling and clear blue water, if Paradise Beach isn't the place to go, what other beach do y'all recommend?

Lisa

I just returned from NCL Sea and we were in Cozumel on 8/9. We decided to do Paradise Beach and shopping and had a great time. We arrived at around 11 and I thought the beach was very nice (not rocky). The water did have some seaweed in it but it was very clear. We stayed for a few hours and had a fabulous time. There are plenty of water toys and the beach was not crowded or overly noisy. My sister is not a swimmer and spent the afternoon under an umbrella reading and having her hair braided. My one suggestion is to order your food early because it took us forever to get a menu.

Archived