???s about Summit Anchorage to Vancouver

Thinking of booking but never having cruised Alaska, does one need to book excursions in order to enjoy the cruise? Can we do things at the immediate port area or is it necessary to make plans well ahead of time. This will be a spur of the moment trip but I dont want to get there and have nothing to do. Caribbean is all we have ever done.

I assume dress code is the same as for Princess, two formal nights, correct? Thanks for any information from a Celebrity newbie hopefully.:)

Thinking of booking but never having cruised Alaska, does one need to book excursions in order to enjoy the cruise? Can we do things at the immediate port area or is it necessary to make plans well ahead of time. This will be a spur of the moment trip but I dont want to get there and have nothing to do. Caribbean is all we have ever done.

I assume dress code is the same as for Princess, two formal nights, correct? Thanks for any information from a Celebrity newbie hopefully.:)

The ports are tourist traps. Just lots of stores, crowded by as many as 12,000 people if there are 6 ships in port. Opt for shore excursions: go inside Misty Fjords National Park, take a helicopter ride above a glacier, go on a whale watching tour, etc. It makes the trip so much more worthwhile! You can book your shore excursions via celebrity.com, or once on board the ship. The most popular ones fill up quickly though!

On 7 night cruises, there are 2 formal nights.

Best Regards,

Floris

Alaska is so beautiful, you will want to get out and see it. When we planned our trip 2 years ago, the roll call for the cruise had several excellent recommendations. There are cheaper ways to do excursions than going through the crusieline, if you are willing to do the research. You can also check out the Cruise Critic Alaska Board. Enjoy your trip!

I have been to Alaska 4 times. If you look at this weeks RCCL and Celebrity Happy Hour deals you will want to book.

Radiance balcony in part of June and July for $849.

Summit has deals form $699 (Inside)

HAL has great deals too. Check them out.

I have been to Alaska 4 times. If you look at this weeks RCCL and Celebrity Happy Hour deals you will want to book.

Radiance balcony in part of June and July for $849.

Summit has deals form $699 (Inside)

HAL has great deals too. Check them out.

Thanks., we caught a deal yesterday on one of the large sites that sells flights, rooms, cruises, etc and starts with the letter T (I know I cannot say it here but it is reputable). We paid slightly above that on the Summit for a balcony and knew it was a hot deal. Today the price is back to normal. Had no idea we would be cruising to Alaska but could not pass that up.

Is there anything that is a DONT MISS kind of excursion?

Archived