Corner Brook and Syndney

I am going on the Norwegian Dawn, September 13, 2007 to New England/Canada.

Has anyone been to Corner Brook and could you make recommendations on what to do while we are there.

Also, I would like to know what to do in Syndey. My husband and I enjoy sightseeing, we are 60 and 70 so we would not be able to do something that is too physically demanding.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

If you have time in Sydney and it's still open go to Fortress of Louisbourg,if not the tour to Baddeck and the Alexander Bell museum. Cabot Trail is awesome but it can be foggy (blocking views) and it's just a lot of riding without much chance to photograph etc. IMHO Fortress is just "it" in Sydney but you need 3 hours or so do so it.. They have bakery etc. there for snacks, drinks....but we did as ship tour on Carnival and had not enough time.. Next time would probably go with local and spend entire time there "really" seeing it

If you have time in Sydney and it's still open go to Fortress of Louisbourg,if not the tour to Baddeck and the Alexander Bell museum. Cabot Trail is awesome but it can be foggy (blocking views) and it's just a lot of riding without much chance to photograph etc. IMHO Fortress is just "it" in Sydney but you need 3 hours or so do so it.. They have bakery etc. there for snacks, drinks....but we did as ship tour on Carnival and had not enough time.. Next time would probably go with local and spend entire time there "really" seeing it

Thank you Caroline for your reply It has been so difficult finding information on Syndey and Corner Brook. If we do not do a ship tour, are there taxis or shuttles at the pier? We have been looking at the ship excursions, but had adsolutely no idea what to do, your reply helps so much. Hopefully we will also receive some information on Corner Brook also.

Patti

3 hours would not give you enough time to see the fortress. First, there is the drive there from Sydney, then you have to park and go into the visitor centre, pay and then wait for the shuttle bus that goes out to the fortress. It takes about half an hour from the time you arrive until you are actually inside the fortress. This process has to followed in reverse when you leave. There is a lot of walking around the fortress and it takes several hours.

Archived