need info on alaska canopy ziplining tour, please

travelcrazy006

i am considering zipping with alaska canopy in juneau, but have some concerns. apparently, unlike alaska zip co, you have to hand brake yourself and also hold on to keep yourself upright and not leaning back. i'm kind of worried about these 2 things, i have heard that the hand braking can cause hand injuries, could anyone give me personal insight?

unfortunately because of time constraints i can not book with alaska zip.

thanks

i am considering zipping with alaska canopy in juneau, but have some concerns. apparently, unlike alaska zip co, you have to hand brake yourself and also hold on to keep yourself upright and not leaning back. i'm kind of worried about these 2 things, i have heard that the hand braking can cause hand injuries, could anyone give me personal insight?

unfortunately because of time constraints i can not book with alaska zip.

thanks

We took the Rainforest Canopy Zipline in Ketchikan last June. My wife has had back surgery plus reconstruction of her elbow due to a traffic accident.

She had no problems braking and keeping herself straight on the zipline. It's very easy to learn the technique and it puts no stress on your upper body to accomplish this.

It is an exhilarating adventure and I would recommend this excursion to anyone who has no fear of heights. You are approximately 125-150 feet above the forest floor when on the highest part of the course.

Archived