Port Canaveral rental car question

Southwest

Hi,

We'll be sailing on the Glory out of Port Canaveral and will get to the port in an Avis rental car. We will turn in the car at the nearby dropoff location that has a shuttle to the ship. My question is for anyone that has done this, for drop off as well as pick up at the end of the cruise. Is the shuttle a problem at all? Specifically, is it really crowded or does it take a long time? If so, is it better to drop the other passengers (4 of us traveling together) and the luggage at the ship and then have one of us turn in the car and come back on the shuttle alone, or should we all stay together when we turn in the car and take the shuttle together. Just want some advance information to make it as easy as possible. Thanks for your help.

We did the same with Avis for our October 06 trip and had no problems at all with the shuttle going to the port. We took a taxi back to the rental agency when we returned simply because it was a little easier than waiting for the shuttle.

we were on the Disney Wonder in August. We rented from Avis. They have a nice 14 seat jitney with nice plush seats.We had 7 in our group and 1 other couple on the way over to the port.

When we got off the Avis shuttle was sitting there waiting. They didn't wait until it filled. When we got on we left for the Avis office.

I don't know if that's how it works every time but it worked great for us.

Bill

Don't know if there is a specific reason for using Avis, but budget has a free shuttle to the ship when you drop the car off. We've done this twice, last time it cost $33 and few gallons of gas to top it off.

Happy Sailing!

Avis has free shuttles to the any of the cruise ships here In Port Canaveral and if you have any questions at all, ask to speak to Bob or Monica and they will be more than happy to help you and also be aware that they offer to meet or beat anyone else's prices.

If I can help with any questions, just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com

always

Shirley

Archived