Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Someone did post that answer before--

you will get two specials.

But the bag is in the drawer and can be used at any time.

Didn't they also post that the whites were returned very dingy - almost stained :eek: ? The OP was busy trying to bleach the things that she could - but she was very disappointed in the service. It damaged several of the things she had sent to be laundered. If it was not on this thread - it was on another. Others responded with similar experiences :o .

One more pool related question, what is there for a baby in swim diapers? On DCL, non-potty trained kids can't go in the pool but I was fine with that because they have a splash area my 1 year old LOVED. Are babies in swim diapers allowed in Carnival pools or is there an area for them? (Got to say, I prefer the splash area so that I don't have to swim with a bunch of children peeing their pants.)

Aggie is correct - no swimmies allowed in the pools and no specific area for them to play with water. I do not know that you are interested - but others who have very small children have posted that they pack a small blow-up type pool for the kids that are too young for the regular pool.

Didn't they also post that the whites were returned very dingy - almost stained :eek: ? The OP was busy trying to bleach the things that she could - but she was very disappointed in the service. It damaged several of the things she had sent to be laundered. If it was not on this thread - it was on another. Others responded with similar experiences :o .

Wow, really?? I've used the laundry special several times and had no problems. It really cuts down on the packing, especially now that I'm having to fly - not used to dealing with the weight limits!

Hello everyone, first time poster but long time cruiser here. Just wanted to know if there is anywhere that has the current Dinner Menus for the Liberty. I am about a month out from the cruise and wanted to see what the bill of fare is. The family is curious as well!

Does the Liberty have a self serve Washer/Dryer? I know Elation did, and it worked great for me.

ALL carnival ships have laundry areas.

Laundry Rooms:

Laundry rooms are available on the following decks

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

Washers costs $2.00 each load

Dryers costs $2.00 each load

Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each

I use the one on deck 7-- I take my wash to the laundry room before I head to breakfast--by the time we are done the wash is just about done and put into the dryer.. I go back to tha cabin to get ready for the day..

Wow, really?? I've used the laundry special several times and had no problems. It really cuts down on the packing, especially now that I'm having to fly - not used to dealing with the weight limits!

Here is the link to the thread that I was referring to. :eek: .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=578497&highlight=laundry

Aggie is correct - no swimmies allowed in the pools and no specific area for them to play with water. I do not know that you are interested - but others who have very small children have posted that they pack a small blow-up type pool for the kids that are too young for the regular pool.

:( That is very disappointing. Just one more thing DH will hear me say "Well on Disney they...." I'm trying to have a positive outlook for this cruise, since my FIL paid for it, but the reason we didn't choose Carnival for ourselves was because it isn't really good for someone with a baby. I know my DH will be one of those people so many on this board complain about and bring the baby in the pool with her swim diaper, because it will be torture for her to sit in the hot sun while our older DD swims. I may look into a small inflatable, but where can you set those up? Does Carnival allow those? I'm glad I found out about this now so I can look into buying something.

:( I may look into a small inflatable, but where can you set those up? Does Carnival allow those? I'm glad I found out about this now so I can look into buying something.

Carnival will let you set up the pool as long as it is not in the middle of a walk way, if the pool deck gets to crowed, they may ask you to remove it. The best place to put one is one level up in the less crowded area.

Also, when you are done with it, put the water down the drain at the showers near the pool.

CD.. I saw the neatest thing.. it was an inflatable beverage cooler, but I thought about it, and it was actually sturdier than the kids inflatable pool and deeper, so the child wouldn't fall backwards , and it would double at night time on the balcony!!!

:cool: I called Carnival several weeks ago and asked if Liberty had a self serve laundry room and they me NO

We used the one on deck 6. Bring extra quarters for the dryer - our clothes were still damp after the first round in the dryer. The purser's desk has rolls of quarters available.

CD.. I saw the neatest thing.. it was an inflatable beverage cooler, but I thought about it, and it was actually sturdier than the kids inflatable pool and deeper, so the child wouldn't fall backwards , and it would double at night time on the balcony!!!

Actually, i think that would even work better, some people get all upset at the sight of a blow up baby pool.......but a kid in a cooler shouldn't get people upset, it should just make them laugh.

Manatee Mom

Your video was great. No kids going this trip. All ours are all grown, Just spent 4 days with our two grandsons (3 & 4) in Disney. Love them with all my heart, but this vacation is for DH & me.

I found a link to the capers.

How was Costa Rica- some people say it is not safe!!

I like the post about the pool & hot tub hrs- - Does any one know if The Liberty inforces the adult only pool & hot tub. No problem with children, but when you are wanting to relax & a child jumps in to the pool / hottub next to you in an adult only area, it can ruin your relaxing moment.

starting to plan our sept cruise

If any one stays at the Hyatt Regency pier 66 would love to here how it is.

Thanks

Cheri

If any one stays at the Hyatt Regency pier 66 would love to here how it is. thanks Cheri

Cheri: Have you tried Trip advisors or on the main forum go to the hotel section- lots of information there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

the aft pools should be child free-- if not just let a security office know and they will ask them to leave.

Now I dont know why the area is adults only-- then they put the pizza place and grill place back there. So you see-because of those two places more then likly the kids will be back there-- just not in the pools.

We are trying to decide which day to go to Harry's. However, we love the night they serve lobster in the dining rooms. Anyone who has sailed the Liberty on an 8-night cruise remember which night it was served?

We are trying to decide which day to go to Harry's. However, we love the night they serve lobster in the dining rooms. Anyone who has sailed the Liberty on an 8-night cruise remember which night it was served?

Lobster was on the first formal night (first sea day).

There is a current thread about a guy - booked on the the Liberty - who was "upgraded" from is 9A wrap (6452 I think) to a suite with a regular balcony :eek: . He ways that he was not asked in advance they just did it :confused: . Of course he does not see it as an upgrade - and wants is own cabin back.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned that they will move me out of my 9A - without asking :eek: :confused:

There is a current thread about a guy - booked on the the Liberty - who was "upgraded" from is 9A wrap (6452 I think) to a suite with a regular balcony :eek: . He ways that he was not asked in advance they just did it :confused: . Of course he does not see it as an upgrade - and wants is own cabin back.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned that they will move me out of my 9A - without asking :eek: :confused:

Thankfully there's a pretty slim chance of this happening to me, as there aren't even any balconies left for our sailing. I have read various reports of this happening, though - seems that when some well-connected person wants a cabin, they move someone to give it to them. I don't care who it is, though - heads would be exploding around Carnival if they did that to us, I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, either!

There is a current thread about a guy - booked on the the Liberty - who was "upgraded" from is 9A wrap (6452 I think) to a suite with a regular balcony . He ways that he was not asked in advance they just did it

It has not happened to us, but it can happen, 6452 on the Liberty is a 3 person cabin, Carnival has the right to upgrade you if there are 2 booked in a triple cabin, It does not happen all the time and mostly only happens during summer & Holiday seasons.

This is why, when traveling at high season, you should always pick a cabin that holds the amount of people you will be sailing with, so there is no chance you will loose it.

Archived