Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

You can exit and go outside from the Fish and Chips area????

Dan

The fish and chips is on the panorama deck.. I typed promenade before when I meant Panorama. There is a door on either side of that deck to get out to chairs.. I stuck with the side closest to their lemonade and ice tea machine.

I never saw every chair filled.. on sea days.. you are just a bit away from the action if you care to take a walk back.. it doesnt have the noise of the music etc.. yes the fans can lull you.. and I agree it is great if one of you want shade and the other sun.

I would move back and forth between chairs.. there were always chairs in the shade too so it was easy. My husband would come up from the lobbly level and join me there every once in a while..

The chairs on the lobby deck have wonderful cushions.. great for snoozing..

check the deck plans--

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI

panarama deck.. notice the two doors on the bottom of the screen which will ead to the outside-- this is the deck where the pool slide is

The trick is the panorama deck is not a continous deck so we would exit our cabin on this deck by the slide. step up a few steps and take the outside ledge around the main pool area to the other side of the panorama deck.. and get to the fish and chips area..whic is on the side where the band plays.

The fish and chips is on the panorama deck.. I typed promenade before when I meant Panorama. There is a door on either side of that deck to get out to chairs.. I stuck with the side closest to their lemonade and ice tea machine.

I never saw every chair filled.. on sea days.. you are just a bit away from the action if you care to take a walk back.. it doesnt have the noise of the music etc.. yes the fans can lull you.. and I agree it is great if one of you want shade and the other sun.

I would move back and forth between chairs.. there were always chairs in the shade too so it was easy. My husband would come up from the lobbly level and join me there every once in a while..

The chairs on the lobby deck have wonderful cushions.. great for snoozing..

Thanks for the great info.

Dan

Well, now that we ALL know about this deck, it won't be empty for long!:p hey and does it have a "FUNNEL DECK"?

it did last year-- look for the dome on the supper club and its around there somewhere.

I love the picture of the lobby deck! This is exactly where we want to be. The chairs look comfortable too and nice for napping.

As you can see from my pic..I previously posted. the chairs are Great for sleeping. I was still able to get a bit of sun. SO I did join my husband sometimes down there. It is a great deck for reading.

The other reason he loves this deck is that there is nothing in the way and you can look out at the ocean.. upstairs you cant really do this in most of the places... on the main sun deck. especially when laying down.

My husband loves to look out..

As you can see from my pic..I previously posted. the chairs are Great for sleeping. I was still able to get a bit of sun. SO I did join my husband sometimes down there. It is a great deck for reading.

The other reason he loves this deck is that there is nothing in the way and you can look out at the ocean.. upstairs you cant really do this in most of the places... on the main sun deck. especially when laying down.

My husband loves to look out..

when we sailed the Liberty there was no chairs put out on this deck-

weather will determine if they are out there or not. Only one cruise ever had chairs out there and that was on the Victory- all the rest was just one huge deck.

How much are the soda cards for the 8 day cruise - I have two teenagers going and I know I will need them! Where do you purchase them on the ship? Also, what were some of the favorite activities that past teen passengers have enjoyed on the Liberty and are must do's for my kids?

Anyone else have teenagers on the 8/4/07 sailing (I have a son - 16 and a daughter who will turn 14 during the cruise)?

Thanks -

How much are the soda cards for the 8 day cruise - I have two teenagers going and I know I will need them! Where do you purchase them on the ship? Also, what were some of the favorite activities that past teen passengers have enjoyed on the Liberty and are must do's for my kids?

Anyone else have teenagers on the 8/4/07 sailing (I have a son - 16 and a daughter who will turn 14 during the cruise)?

Thanks -

your kids will be in two different camps- one of which is called Club 2o

age group is 12-14 and 15 - 17 (the older one cold do the younger program.. very strict with age requirements for the older group-

BUT kids this age tend just to hang out together and not do the scheduled group activities. (early dinner helps as most stuff is happening between the hours of 8-10)

there is a first meeting the first night-- its VERY important that your kids get to this meeting- tell them its mandatory if you have to. (especially the daughter who at that age might think the camp stuff is lame and she is too cool for that stuff :D

Kids soda card is less then an adults--which cost 45.00 for a 7 day cruise.

(I never did get soda cards for the kids== free lemonade, iced tea and fruit punch and they each carried ona 12 pack of pepsi- one that was gone too bad.. funny thing is they each had more then half their pack when we were packing up to leave.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557809

here is your roll call board

Thanks for the info on the cards and products (too bad...I like pepsi better, oh well).

Serene56 - where is the meeting held for the teens on the first night? I know my daughter will want to be there for sure! Luckily she enjoys getting involved and meeting new kids - it's my 16 year old son that is the problem!

I've never seen Pepsi served on a cruise ship. Coke is king (they must pay them more). I like Diet Pepsi personally, so have to carry it on. The soda card saved us money when my son was younger, but remember that it is only on fountain drinks, not cans. Most cruise lines have Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite and sometimes Diet Sprite.

Thanks for the info on the cards and products (too bad...I like pepsi better, oh well).

Serene56 - where is the meeting held for the teens on the first night? I know my daughter will want to be there for sure! Luckily she enjoys getting involved and meeting new kids - it's my 16 year old son that is the problem!

The meeting will be listed in the capers and you want to check it out where and when.

Liberty has a teen area so more then likly that is where their meetings will be held.

its on the promanade deck across from the Jardin Cafe-

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI

Thanks for the info - one more question....several people have mentioned they brought a pack of soda on board...does Carnival mind (can you carry it on yourself) or do you have to pack it in your luggage?

Thanks again !:)

in your documents it will state that you can carry onboard a small quanity of non alcohic beverages and a bottle of wine/champagne.

We are taking our 7 year old granddaughter on Oct. 27. Did you have to tender at any of the ports?

I would also love to see the capors. You can email me at

Dotelem@aol.com

Thanks!

Grand Cayman is a tendered port. Those tender boats holds hundreds of people so it is safe for your granddaughter-- if you wait til we get back Sept 1st I will have kid camp papers to post

Thanks for the info - one more question....several people have mentioned they brought a pack of soda on board...does Carnival mind (can you carry it on yourself) or do you have to pack it in your luggage?

Thanks again !:)

Last year I packed a 12 pack of soda in my luggage, we also brought 2 bottles of rum and 4 bottles of wine. But then again this was before everything changed with the rules ;)

Archived