Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

will. they let us have a rollaway in a room for 2?

It is a Coast Guard thing and depends on the allowable capacity of the cabin. I have also heard that the "newer" ships do not allow for any rollaways. Not sure if the applies to the Liberty. Maybe someone else can clarify for sure :cool: .

will. they let us have a rollaway in a room for 2?

Is this a rollaway crib you are talking about? or one for an adult? Did you check out the floor plan for your room? Does it have a couch?

We had a fairly roomy cabin - level 8 Veranda deck and we had a third person in the room. 2 twins that pushed together for a king, then a couch that they removed the back cusions and it became a twin. (there was a small table in front of the couch so it took up floor space.) It was pretty tight and I had to constantly keep stuff off the floor and put away so you could walk through. (closet space is tight, so if you buy souveniers you must find a spot for them somewhere) I can't imagine having enough room for a rollaway. Actually I think it'd be impossible, unless it was a crib, and even then it would be extremely uncomforable. If there is no couch in your room, it may depend on the square footage. But still, I did not see a rollaway bed anywhere on the ship. Best to check with the cruise lines.

Is this a rollaway crib you are talking about? or one for an adult? Did you check out the floor plan for your room? Does it have a couch?

We had a fairly roomy cabin - level 8 Veranda deck and we had a third person in the room. 2 twins that pushed together for a king, then a couch that they removed the back cusions and it became a twin. (there was a small table in front of the couch so it took up floor space.) It was pretty tight and I had to constantly keep stuff off the floor and put away so you could walk through. (closet space is tight, so if you buy souveniers you must find a spot for them somewhere) I can't imagine having enough room for a rollaway. Actually I think it'd be impossible, unless it was a crib, and even then it would be extremely uncomforable. If there is no couch in your room, it may depend on the square footage. But still, I did not see a rollaway bed anywhere on the ship. Best to check with the cruise lines.

Brenda there is extra storage under the couch it is a drawer that pulls out. sometimes it stores extra pillows or blankets.. Good place for extra storage.

No roll away on any conquest or spirit class ship-- if there is two peopl ein the cabin there will be two beds. 3 people get 3 beds

Well at least I did not make it up :o ! That is what I was remembering about the Spirit class- but I was not 100% positive about the Conquest class.

Thanks for confirming the information ;) !

In the Summer 2007 edition of the Currents Magazine put out by Carnival there is a mention on page 6 that you can now use your cell on all Carnival ships while in International waters (and not in port).

Can anyone confirm they were able to keep in touch with other family members on the ship using their cell and was there a cost?

We ship out July 21 on Liberty.

Thanks

In the Summer 2007 edition of the Currents Magazine put out by Carnival there is a mention on page 6 that you can now use your cell on all Carnival ships while in International waters (and not in port).

Can anyone confirm they were able to keep in touch with other family members on the ship using their cell and was there a cost?

Thanks

yep but becareful coz there are charges-- not through the cruiselines on your sign and sail card but charges will appear on your bill.

Roaming charges.

http://www.cellularatsea.com/cruiselines_purserinfo.htm

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fleetwide_wireless.aspx

Thanks

Cingular/now AT&T list calls on the Liberty @ $2.49 per minute. All the ships and their prices are listed on their web site.

thanks don for that wonderful info. we're booked in 7362 across from electrical locker. would u say that is noisy?

cinnamon123 :)

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just checked my notes (I'd put a particular mark by those that had obvious noise coming from them) and didn't note anything extra in regard to your location. Only those by the pool machinery and that horrible printing workshop on Main deck (kachik, kachik, kachik, non-stop at all hours) really caught my attention.

Have a wonderful vacation. Bon Voyage!!

Cingular/now AT&T list calls on the Liberty @ $2.49 per minute. All the ships and their prices are listed on their web site.

I appreciate the responses, but I think there is confusion of what the service is for. While in International waters, the cell phones work between each other and are not used for making calls to the homeland. It replaces the family radios so you can stay in touch with others in your party.

I have T-Mobile and there is no roaming or other charges while in most ports. We did the Miracle last year and I used my Blackberry with email, voice, text, web browsing and never charged for anything. T-Mobile has a large coverage area (believe it or not).

The ships have their own cell repeaters that are used when in International waters. There is no mention of charges and figure this is a courtesy? I guess I'll call tomorrow and ask to confirm. Sounds like a GREAT way to stay in touch with the teens instead of using the ol' 'be back here at 6pm for dinner' routine.

I appreciate the responses, but I think there is confusion of what the service is for. While in International waters, the cell phones work between each other and are not used for making calls to the homeland. It replaces the family radios so you can stay in touch with others in your party.

I have T-Mobile and there is no roaming or other charges while in most ports. We did the Miracle last year and I used my Blackberry with email, voice, text, web browsing and never charged for anything. T-Mobile has a large coverage area (believe it or not).

The ships have their own cell repeaters that are used when in International waters. There is no mention of charges and figure this is a courtesy? I guess I'll call tomorrow and ask to confirm. Sounds like a GREAT way to stay in touch with the teens instead of using the ol' 'be back here at 6pm for dinner' routine.

The cell phones can call anywhere while on board (atleast for cingular) the ship uses a satelite connection and you can call home. but as stated before the charges are quite high, even if your just calling someone onboard you will be charged for incoming and outgoing.

I guess I'll call tomorrow and ask to confirm. .

when you call-- make a few calls to see if you are getting the same response. Even if you use the phone to call each other on the ship you will be charged.

Is the Fish&Chips on the Liberty a level up from the Lido buffet????

Dan

Yes it is but you can access it with the stairs from the buffet

2449676510040556309nQAOyH_th.jpg

93316895vsmzFl_th.jpg

A suggestion for the buffet-- most people head to the first section they see. Take a walk through and see whats available at different areas. there was a stir fry section that is very well worth the wait.

that dock information was if you were going on the 8 day eastern.

if you are doing the 6 grand cayman is tender--

You gave me the correct info - we are on the 8 day Eastern. I guess I should have mentioned that...sorry :o I assumed that you knew that from previous posts.

Thanks again ;)

Yes it is but you can access it with the stairs from the buffet

2449676510040556309nQAOyH_th.jpg

93316895vsmzFl_th.jpg

A suggestion for the buffet-- most people head to the first section they see. Take a walk through and see whats available at different areas. there was a stir fry section that is very well worth the wait.

Thanks , you are a wealth of info.

Dan

I will be in the disco... don't know what its called on the Liberty but it has weird hands as decorations apparently??? The Cruise Director is Todd Wittmer, super Cd and all around super guy!

See you in November :)

Hey all.. Jane & Luke here from DE... we were thinking of booking this cruise for 9/23 and now that I see that Todd W. is the CD I know we'll definetly book. He is hands down the best cruise director on the seven seas. We were with him on the Carnival Miracle along with Big Tex and Karl with a "K" and these guys helped make it our best cruise ever. We've cruised ALOT and typically the only time you see the CD is late at night at the show.. Todd & his crew were visible all the damn time....looking like they were having more fun then the passengers.... Hopefully we'll see both Todd & Eddy in September!

I see where I can sign up for e-docs instead of haviing them delivered to me in the mail. Has anyone done this yet? I am concerned about the luggage tags. They would obviously be on paper. Do we tape them to the luggage?? That doesn't seem like it would be sturdy enough to stay attached. How exactly does this work?

Thanks.

wonderful

Archived