Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

I was looking for any info on the new teen club (12 - 14 yrs). Someone said Carnival created a new place (Circle C) for that age group and I just wondered if anyone knew anything about it (what was there, did their kids enjoy it, etc)

I am wondering about the Circle C Club myself. I am glad that Carnival is addressing this tween group but have not seen much written about it. The small blurb on the Carnival site doesn't tell me much.

Anyon have any additional info?

Myself and my three sons (ages 32, 20 and 18) are going on a 7-day eastern caribbean cruise on the Liberty, June 6-13. Anyone else here going on that cruise? Also, can someone advise on the best way to take liquor aboard?

Thanks!

Hi there. Try going to the Roll Call boards for CCL. We have one started. DH and I will be on your sailing. Chick.

I am wondering about the Circle C Club myself. I am glad that Carnival is addressing this tween group but have not seen much written about it. The small blurb on the Carnival site doesn't tell me much.

Anyon have any additional info?

we were on the liberty last week, i have two sons 13 and 14. i went the first night and signed them up (this is required for this age group) they put a little "circle c" sticker on their sign and sail, and that's it, they come and go as they please. my kids weren't too impressed with it, it is in a very small room with some Wii consoles which are kept locked up most of the time, and they have about 5-6 activities average per day in the afternoon into evening. the only thing my kids did were the arcade games get together, and the guitar hero competition, which was held in the O2 lounge (older teens). just my personal experience, they enjoyed it more last year on the pride for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be 1 of the 2 DJ's onboard, from 6/23 - 11/24
Hey DJ Eddy, I will be on the Liberty Sept 12th for 7 days. Are you going to be in the disco? I'm hearing through some other threads that the DJ there now is not very social with the guests. A great DJ makes for a great cruise. :) Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone have room 7406 on the Liberty? We booked it for Jan 2011.

Thanks.

its a regular balcony cabin- pic that is shown on carnival web site will show you what it looks like.

We booked right under you on the freedom- easy access to the stairs/elevators.

no noise from elevators either

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm new to cruising, and think my SO and DD (14) are going to book the Liberty in April 2010 or thereabouts. I have read several threads on the dress code, and have read this entire thread on the Liberty... we are very casual people, jeans, shorts, t-shirts that sort of thing... is it correct to say that basically anywhere on the Lido Deck, we can dress that casual, and then in the Dining rooms, we need to dress it up a bit? I understand formal night attire, and the code for Harry's, but I'm a little iffy on the main dining rooms.... thanks!!! I'm so excited to try cruising!!!:D

Yes, no shorts are allowed in the dining rooms or at the supper club, but you will be good to go everywhere else. And besides formal night you don't have to "dress up" in the dining rooms. A sundress, or a pair of capris and a top are perfectly acceptable for the ladies. My DH often wears a pair of khakis and a shirt.

The Liberty is my favorite ship in the Carnival fleet. I hope you all enjoy her as much as I did.

I have a kinda silly question, but what is the hairdryer like in the cabin? I have had some TERRIBLE hairdryers supplied on cruises, and always want to take my own. If they are decent though, I can avoid packing one (which will make my husband happy !!!)

Thanks!

Danette

They're okay. I have thin/fine hair, so my hair dries in a jiffy, but if you have very thick hair, it could take awhile. Now you don't get temperature controls or anything like that, but you can choose high or low settings and I have found them to be more than adequate. Plus, like you say, it's one less thing to have to pack. I still bring my own shampoo and conditioner though. I just don't care for what is provided and I can be kind of high maintenance that way.:o

I've never minded the hairdryers on board and I have thick hair. I'm not as picky as some people either though. I think they are as good as the one I own at home.

I use the shampoo provided, but ever since the first cruise I always bring my own conditioner because the salt water pools and the winds on deck really turn my hair to straw.

I've read really great things about the ship and there is going to be a group of 8 of my girlfriends and I taking our first cruise on the Liberty on Oct. 3-- Eastern Caribbean!!

Can't wait!!!!!!:p:D

Join the roll call thread for the Oct 3 2009 sailing !!!!

We will be on that cruise as well. Meet at the aft pool bar after muster drill !!!!!

I've never minded the hairdryers on board and I have thick hair. I'm not as picky as some people either though. I think they are as good as the one I own at home.

I use the shampoo provided, but ever since the first cruise I always bring my own conditioner because the salt water pools and the winds on deck really turn my hair to straw.

Great, thanks, I have had one hairdryer that I had to hold down the on button the whole time and another ( Disney) that it looked and worked like an appliance from the 70's. It was BAD !!!!!! So last cruise I took a travel hairdryer and it died on me !!!!!! Some cruise god out there wants me to have bad hair on vacation !!! LOL !!!!!!

Archived