Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

• 2 months later...
just got off the liberty today! any questions???? fire away.

Hey There!

We'll be on the Liberty in two weeks. I've heard great things about this ship but have a couple questions:

How was the piano bar?

Looking to enjoy some drinks, music and dancing...any comments on which lounge fits this?

How were the shows?

Any pictures?

Thanks!

The shows were outstanding. The women dancers were a bit better than the men, but all were good. The singers were awesome! A great bar is the Piano Bar, especially for drinking and singing along. Try to get a seat right at the piano, its great! The r-rated sing along is very funny.."well look whos here, Holy ****!" For dancing i cannot comment because my wife and I arent big dancers...Harrys supper club was very nice, and the portions are bigger, I guess thats why they dont let u order multiply aps. A great cruise, if u have a balcony suite, bring a bungy cord so your door remains open at night!

It is nice to see this thread back up and running!!! I sailed the Liberty in April 2008 and April 2009. I read this thread from top to bottom, from left to right :D It is such fun to gather as much information about the ship as you can before you leave. it really adds to the anticipation and excitement.

I'm sure you will love the Liberty!!! and make sure to visit Tommy in the wine bar - he is the best in the fleet!!! (and hopefully still there! hmm, or maybe not, I think I will hope that he moved to the Dream!!:p)

Cabin was 7411. A very Nice balcony suite. We loved the food in the dining room and our service. Thought some of the people really underdressed in the dining room. It says shorts arent allowed, yet we saw them. 7th floor was really nice because its between 2 other floors. Wish they would address the fact that people would hold chairs for over an hour, and not be by the pool.

Cabin was 7411. A very Nice balcony suite. We loved the food in the dining room and our service. Thought some of the people really underdressed in the dining room. It says shorts arent allowed, yet we saw them. 7th floor was really nice because its between 2 other floors. Wish they would address the fact that people would hold chairs for over an hour, and not be by the pool.

Thanks. We are in 7272. Can you tell me what color the curtains and bedspread were? It looks like they are the same as the Splendor but I wasn't sure.

Hopefully the deck chair issue wont arise for us. Laying out by the lido pool is our favorite. So far we have been quite lucky with finding a good spot whenever we want one.

I just found this today. We sail Liberty next month. I swear I need an accountant to find all the good info this forum offers........... or at least someone smarter at navigating than me !!!

Keep adding to this. It makes great reading for Pre-cruise jonsin'.

burrito and fish and chips open from 12 to 230 but sea days its 330. food there is fantastic! lines arent awful cuz not too many people even know about them. the lines for the mongolian are insane! plan on 45 mins. but i only heard rave reviews

This looks like such a great thread! I've been scanning through it a bit, but will have to take a much closer look. I'm going on the Liberty in May and my rollcall is at a standstill. It's nice to see some great info and get excited about the liberty with some folks who've been on her before.

One question...we just decided to change our cabin from an inside (on the panorama deck) to an OV guarantee. Has anyone done the OV guarantee and what room did you end up with? It was only $10 more to upgrade, so we went for it for the extra space alone (and no one having to sleep on a top bunk). Just curious about where you might have been placed and when you found out your cabin number.

Previously we have had balconies, but this time we opted to save a little money and do a OV, we were hardly in our rooms last time. I believe OV is lower decks Rivierra and the one above. (1 and 2) We were on Liberty and loved her! Cant wait to go back in June!

This looks like such a great thread! I've been scanning through it a bit, but will have to take a much closer look. I'm going on the Liberty in May and my rollcall is at a standstill. It's nice to see some great info and get excited about the liberty with some folks who've been on her before.

One question...we just decided to change our cabin from an inside (on the panorama deck) to an OV guarantee. Has anyone done the OV guarantee and what room did you end up with? It was only $10 more to upgrade, so we went for it for the extra space alone (and no one having to sleep on a top bunk). Just curious about where you might have been placed and when you found out your cabin number.

Our first cruise we did OV GTY and ended up in the 2398. LOVED it. So much so that we've booked the same location the past 3 cruises after.

Never done an OV guarantee. Did a Balcony guarantee once for my In-laws when they came with us on Liberty and the cabin number showed up on Carnival's web site a week or two before sailing. They ended up with a handicapped balcony right at the front on the starboard side. It was fine.

Archived