Visa for Australia

SRQ 47

Our invoice for the Australia cruise indicates we are being charged $99.00 each for a visa. Never gave this a second thought until I booked our airfare the other day thru Air Tahiti Nui.

At no additional charge they are including an electronic visa. I have no idea how that works but since it is free I guess that is all I need. Has anybody else experienced this or are you just going thru Oceania as I was originally. I presume Oceania will have done nothing about getting the visa yet and will have no problem if I cancel this off of my invoice.

For what it is worth the airfare is pretty good and includes a stopover in Tahiti on the way back from Sydney. On the way to Auckland it also stops in Tahiti for two hours to break up the long flight and let you get out and stretch. You have to be careful with the days you are flying as it only goes twice a week from Tahiti to Auckland or Sydney but does go every day from LA to Tahiti. They also have non-stops three times a week from New York to Tahiti.

An electronic VISA for Australia costs $AU20, which comes out to $15. You apply online, pay with a credit card and print it. The info is sent to your airline so they will let you board the flight, then it is sent to Australia. We just flew there on Quantas in November and the whole process took 10 minutes, no problems. Get you own VISA and save the money to spend when you are there.

Susie

An electronic VISA for Australia costs $AU20, which comes out to $15. You apply online, pay with a credit card and print it. The info is sent to your airline so they will let you board the flight, then it is sent to Australia. We just flew there on Quantas in November and the whole process took 10 minutes, no problems. Get you own VISA and save the money to spend when you are there.

Susie

SRQ 47 we are also on Air Tahiti Nui and they have also included the VISA. So everybody else who is going you don't even have to spend the $15.00 just do it thru your airline.

SRQ I presume from your name you are also in Sarasota - small world that we are on the same airline to Auckland. What cruise are you on?

Archived