Pier 30 and public restrooms

rogburr

Hi,

Does Pier 30 in Seattle have public restrooms available? We will be driving in and parking near the pier and am wondering if any facilities are available before getting on the ship.

Thanks.

Hi,

Are you going on the cruise youself and plan to park your car off site? Or are you dropping off someone at Pier 30? I couldn't tell by your question.

Pier 30 is located in a 'no man's land' area of the Seattle waterfront. It's in a more commercial area that is not really pedestrian friendly. There are no stores or resturants close by. Pier 30 has lots of parking for cruise passengers at a reasonable rate of $12 a day. If you are a passenger leaving from Pier 30, I highly recommend that you take advanage of the parking available at the pier. If you are just dropping off a friend or family member there's a drop off area for unloading cruise passengers.

As for restrooms for non-cruise passengers, I'm not really sure. The cruise lines have folks checking ID's and ticket/documents before you even get into the building, so a non-passenger may not have access to restrooms.

Mary

Ferry Watcher

<As for restrooms for non-cruise passengers, I'm not really sure. The cruise lines have folks checking ID's and ticket/documents before you even get into the building, so a non-passenger may not have access to restrooms.

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Thanks for the response.

We will be boarding the Golden Princess in September for a cruise to Alaska. Are you saying that there are restrooms in the building that can be used before boarding ship?

rogburr,

I have been to Pier 30, but did not use the restrooms. Since both Princess and HAL check in thousands of cruise passengers every Friday, Saturday and Sunday it would follow that there would be restrooms available to the waiting / checked in passengers. I believe the Port of Seattle spent about $20-25 million building the Pier 30 cruise terminal about 4 years ago. It's not a fancy building, but it really doesn't have to be. Most travelers are only in the building any where from 30 minutes to maybe a couple of hours - depending how quickly they are checked in. The cruise lines work to make the embarkation as quick and streamlined as possible. Also, building codes at the very least would require it (both for accomadation of the folks who work there and the passengers), and it makes good customer sense. I guess I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you parking your car at Pier 30?

The building is labelled with RCCL, so it's not just a warehouse. I've never been inside, only driven by when 99 is the better way to get home vs I-5, but it looks like a nice, new building that I'm SURE will have restrooms. :)

Even the icky Ballantyne pier in Vancouver BC, I'm sure, had bathrooms, and they are located in similar areas (where the industry, the container ships and yards, is located).

Archived