HELP Lost Digital Camera in Downtown store

BEACHBUMMIN' GATOR

We left our Kodak 7440dx camera in a shop on the north side of the downtown square on 5/23/2007 late in the afternoon. We think we left it in a shop on the north side of the street. The shop has white counters and glass countertops. It is one of the nicer looking shops on the north side of Avenida Benito Juarez between the plaza and 10 Avenida norte.

We were in a rush to get back to the ship. By the time we reached the dock we realized the camera was not with us and it was too late to taxi back to downtown to find it.

The camera has a memory card with all of our pictures from our Enchantment of the Sea cruise. The pictures are of our 2 boys first visit to Key West, Pirate museums, southern most point. Basicly half of our cruise is missing. The camera is worth a couple hundred dollars put the pictures are worth so much more.

If anyone can help or has any ideas on how I can retrieve our lost camera/pictures we would surely appreciate it.

need more information about the shop and I can go look for it tomorrow. But you really need to give me more info.

Adrian

PS, did you buy something there? I can use that as a reference

We bought a shell necklace for husband. It was near a restaurant with big boots in the front. It was 4 or five shops up the street on the same side as the restaurant. It was a nicer looking store with jewelry and purses and glasswares. The store was not filled with tons of touristy junk. Some jewelry is in the front of the store and some magnets are on the right side of the store front. There was a mirror in the back of the shop that we used to try on the necklace. The salesperson was male and very nice.

We walked from the water front up the north side of the square. Walked passed the restaruant with the big boots. (last pics taken with camera are of our boys next to the boots). We went in to the nice looking store on the same side. Bought our necklace and then walked up to the first cross street. Then walked down the south side of the square to the waterfront.

We are mid thirty's adults and two boys 6 and 3. We were carrying 2 backpacks and a large blue mesh divebag. Husbands backpack had orange diving fins hanging from it.

Let us know if you need more info. Thank you very much for your help!!!

Correct. The restaurant and the shop are still within the pedestrian area of the plaza. We only went up to the first cross street with vehicle traffic on it. The store was on the north side of the street/plaza area. We are pretty sure that the shop was still in the pedestrian area. The restaurant was definitely in the plaza/pedestrian area.

If there is anything else that you need from us let us know. Thank you again for your help.

This is probably a stupid question....but did they give you a receipt ? It would have the store name on it....

I always keep ALL of our receipts from our trips. At least until we get home and I look at all of them.... & add it all up :eek:

The restaurant may have been more of an open air bar. The big cowboy boots were in the front of the place on the sidewalk. The bar/restaurant was open to the plaza. (NW corner of the plaza closer to av rafael) The shop was further up the street on same side but before you get to 15th. Look for a shop with white counters and glass counter tops.

Adrian thank you again for trying to help. You are our only connection to the island.

The restaurant may have been more of an open air bar. The big cowboy boots were in the front of the place on the sidewalk. The bar/restaurant was open to the plaza. (NW corner of the plaza closer to av rafael) The shop was further up the street on same side but before you get to 15th. Look for a shop with white counters and glass counter tops.

Adrian thank you again for trying to help. You are our only connection to the island.

That is the great thing about COZ, the people are very friendly and helpful... Check the map that I provided above and see if you can point him closer... If so I'm sure one way or the other you will get your cam back.

Ok, then the restaurant its in the plaza by el Sombrero and next toa deparment store called Centro comercial Joaquin.

I will check again today that its pretty slow and the people will have time to talk.

Lets hope for some luck today

Adrian

Ok, then the restaurant its in the plaza by el Sombrero and next toa deparment store called Centro comercial Joaquin.

I will check again today that its pretty slow and the people will have time to talk.

Lets hope for some luck today

Adrian

If you happen to get it let us know there are plenty of ccer's that can bring it back to the states..

I jsut got back, walked from Fat tuesday and east on Benito Juarez and could not find a restaurant with big boots. I did ask into a silver shop with white counters and glass tops and a mirrow in the back and the guy was really rude to me when I asked about the camera. I kinda looked suspicious, the name of the shopw was 10 dollar silver something and Had light green paint in the walls, there where other eployees around. Usually these people come from other places in the country and like to take adcantage of people. Even if a local goes there they are some how rude.

If you give me more info, look at the map and point we can work it out again

Adrian

It sounds like you may have hit the right store. Attached are a couple pics of us that may help. Hopefully you can print them and use them as a reference. If you are able to take a picture of the shop we may be able to pinpoint where it is.

Looking by the map the boots would be about where the M is on Main Plaza. The shop was on the north side of the street further east from the boots.

Adrian we cannot thank you enough for your help.

This online community is wonderful.

fampic01.jpg.7f66ce007ed76404253cc023a5eb20c0.jpg

hubbypic.jpg.0e19a5eec4c72c8310cfcc1f60968051.jpg

the only restaurant I saw was Fat tuesday and a few snack vendors.

today has been rainy all day but will give it a try tomorrow morning again.

Im sorry to disapoint you, but if I hit the right store I dont thing this guys are giving it back. Its a shame, really I hate it when people keep things just because the other forgot. If I ever get something in my shop or restaurant I keep it for a while till people come back to get it or even when someone comes and has enogh info to claim it.

is the shop in the same block where the M is? I have to know to make sure Im not walking somewhere else.

Was it a silver store as I told you recently?

Where there more than one guy working there?

the one I told you had a big mirrow in the back wall and was painted light green and the name was the 10 dollar silver store

I did not see any magnets over there

Lets keep the faight

At least so you get your memory

Adrian

judging by prev fat tuesday pictures on webshots it looks like Fat Tuesdays may be the bar/restaruant we are thinking of. The pictures of the boots look like the ones we remember. Wife thinks the shop is in the same block as the M on the map. Hubby thinks it may be the next block east. (toward 10 av.)

Wife thinks the shop was more a jewelry store than a siver shop. The shop seemed less filled with stuff than most other shops. When we were in the shop there was only one salesperson. Also he had to help hubby find a longer neckace because the first one did not fit. That is why we used the mirror in the back of the store.

Again if you are able to take a picture of the store we may be able to confirm it. If you cannot we completely understand.

Adrian you are helping us keep our spirits up. We wrote off these pictures when we got back on the boat. Thanks to you we have some hope. And some hope is better than nothing at all.

Thank you

Hey Hey, I have a bad news. I went to the shop with the expesifications you gave me, your hubby was right it was on 10th ave. There was only one dark skin guy working and it had the white counter and mirrow in the back, etc. I ask the guy and he said no body had forgot any camera.

I have walked almost every shop on those streets and no body gets to know.

Again sorry

But on the other end thats an excuse to come back to Cozumel

Hope all its well

Adrian

PS by the way, yesterday a couple of guys walked into my shop and they left their wallet, can you beleive that? I took my car and found them a few blocks away and the guys had just noticed it and was on his way back. You should have seen his face when looking into his bag and saw no wallet, a second later I pulled over and show it to him. He was really amaized (sp?) and could not beleive I went all the way to look for him. Well I think I would not liek to have that happend while Im on Vacation, right?

Well my friends, I did what I could.

Adrian,

You have done so much. More than we could have expected. Thank you very much for trying so hard for us.

We loved Cozumel and will return again. When we do we will try to meet up with you at Casa Dennis. It may be a while. But we will try to find you.

It is nice to know there are good honest people in this wonderful world we live on.

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice and help. We truely appreciate the generosity.

We do have some pictures of our cruise from disposable cameras and our underwater Chankanaab pictures. We have some great memories. Most importantly we all came home safe.

Thank you again to everyone who offered help.

Too bad about your camera. And Adrian, that was nice what you did! A lot of work to help someone out.

We were also in Coz a few weeks ago, and my DH was having ear problems so we stopped in at the dive chamber. He paid $60 with a credit card for a dr. visit. We left and walked down the block onto the main street, mixing in among the other tourists. Lo and behold this nice woman came running up to us because my husband had left his credit card on the counter. How she found us among all the tourists I'll never know. Bless her!

Archived