No Half Off Dining at 5:30 on Dawn

Sail Happy

Just back from the 5/19 sailing. Just wanted to report that they no longer offer 50% off at the premium restaurants from 5:30 to 6PM. Someone told me they were offered half off at 8:30, but it was not publicized. Please check when you get on board.

That's bad news for us as well. We like to eat early then have the whole evening ahead open. We got stuck with the late seating on HAL (8:30PM) and it just didn't work well at all.

That's bad news for us as well. We like to eat early then have the whole evening ahead open. We got stuck with the late seating on HAL (8:30PM) and it just didn't work well at all.

Just got off the Spirit yesterday and the half price was 8:30 as well. When we were on the Spirit in Feb. it was 5:30.

We were on the Dawn over Christmas and the Spirit in Feb. of last year. Both cruises offered the half price at 5:30PM. It seems that NCL is making some changes with freestyle as well as pricing. We're booked for Feb. 2008, on the Gem. It might be our last NCL if things keep going the way they seem to be.

NCL's policy regarding half-price dinners in their specialty restaurants seems to vary from cruise to cruise. On some cruises it's only the first night. On others it's every night at 5:30PM. On other cruises it's only on sea days (except holidays like Valentine's Day). Now it appears some have it at later times? Check the Freestyle Daily, ask the ladies who take the restaurant reservations or your concierge if you have a suite. Regardless of the policy on your particular cruise, it's probably better than the policies of other cruise lines, none that I know of offer half price in their specialty restaurants.

So what is with all the people who like to eat late? Isn't it time that they deserve to have as well for a while the 50% off???

If you do not want to cruise with them anymore, because they do not offer that at 5:30p, it is a joke!

Just reviewed my freestyle dailies, there was no mention of the 8:30 discount.

Reservations must have been strong - no need to provide discounts to fill the restaurant or to provide relieve to the main resturants when the ship is very full. Only a few NCL cruises I have been on that offered discounts every night. Most usually the first night early but who wants to eat while sailing out of port. Was not uncomman to offer half price a few other nights.

My favorite passenger I never saw or heard but did here on side of the conversation. Waiting to be seated at the Bistro on the Pearl at 7 pm the phone rang. Sorry to hear you are running late sir. Yes we did have a reservation for you at 6:30. Let me check. We could seat you at 7:45. No sir you will not still get the discount. I undersand sir, yes sir, I am sorry sir, sir the discount is for those that eat early not make an early reservation (eyes rolling and a smile) Sir had you arived at 6:30 we would have been happy to honor the discount. I am sorry you are dissappointed with NCL. Yes sir I will cancel your 7:45 reservation. Good night sir. :rolleyes:

The Pearl did not offer the 50% discount for us early diners on our Alaskan cruise last week. We've sailed that ship twice before and reservations prior to 6pm were always half price. On this cruise, the discount was 8:30 or later reservations; I'd be dead by morning if I ate that late.

But it's no big deal for us. We had a great time and would not let something like that affect our vacation.

I was on the Dawn may 12th sailing.

In the Garden Buffet, half way through the cruise, I noticed on each table, they had place

cards announcing the half off price for the speciality restaurants, between 8:30pm and 9:30pm.

That's where i saw the announcement, I jumped on it and took advantage of the special in Cagneys. Two for $20.00. Food was delicious.

The Pearl did not offer the 50% discount for us early diners on our Alaskan cruise last week. We've sailed that ship twice before and reservations prior to 6pm were always half price. On this cruise, the discount was 8:30 or later reservations; I'd be dead by morning if I ate that late.

But it's no big deal for us. We had a great time and would not let something like that affect our vacation.

I hope they go back to early specials. I always eat after 8:30 because it is alwys far less crowded. I would hate the 2 for 1 to change that.

Archived