Carnival Liberty Question

DM

Can anyone tell me what time the Liberty has begun debarkation in Fort Lauderdale? I am looking at a 10:30 AM flight home and wondering if I can make it.

Thanks!

If you can carry all your luggage off yourself, I know of passengers that got off as early as 7:30am. Our tablemates in February had to catch a shuttle to Miami and they were off at that time. We waited for our color and were off at 9:30.

Thanks Crusetmc! Thats what I wanted to hear.

Have others had the same experience?

Yes, let them know how early you are leaving and they will let you get off the ship first, even before the self serve passangers. Check with the purser on board and verify you will be the first to get off. You will be allowed off between 7 and 7:30 AM. We did that on the Glory.

Yesterday they were debarking a little slower than usual. The self assist folks were still getting off after 8 a.m.

Depending on how busy the airport is, 10:30 might be cutting it a little close.

I was on that sailing, and I saw self-assist passengers with all their luggage in tow still getting off at 9:00. Assistant CD, William, kept explaining that there were issues with minimal Immigration staff in the terminal, which was slowing down the entire process.

When I got to Fort Lauderdale Airport Saturday morning, my wait time was just a bit less than one hour to check-in, as it was a very busy place. The TSA security check was also not a brisk event either.

I realize this day was probaly more the exception than the norm, but I'm sure there were some passengers who booked early flights, and ended up arranging alternate stand-by plans.

Thanks for all the good information.

I checked wiith the airline (Air Tran) and they told me that if I missed my flight, I could wait for a standby flight for the remainder of the day at no additional charge.

It sounds like, all things being normal, I should be able to make it. Otherwise, I will be hanging around the airport that day.

Thanks again for the input.

Debbie

i have people in my party taking the 10:30 flight- but they are young and can carry off all their stuff themselves.

i have a mom in a wheelchair and a baby in a stroller so dont think i can catch that early flight.

your best bet--make a copy of all available flights leaving after you so you will know what you flight would be best. i know there is one flight that has a 7 hour layover and would hate to be on that flight.

Archived