CARNIVAL Purple Luggage Tag

lisacas1

Received my docs last week.. my luggage tag is Purple and says Upper Aft? or Aft... is that good?

I was originally assigned TBD...

Also - should I carry my liquor in my carry on or the luggage....

Lisa

Celebration 9/02

What ship are you on?. Upper deck is usually deck 6 on Destiny and Triumph class. Deck 5 on the Spirit Class . and deck3 on the Fantasy Class.. Aft is in the Back..

Also Pack your Alcohol in your checked Luggage..

Is that a good area?

What Catagory did you book. An inside or outside? That deck has6c oceanview and 4c inside. From what I have read on these boards you can look for a Cabin # somewhere in your Docs. On the Celebration it may start with a U as in uncle.

Lisa, generally when you book a guarantee (TBA) cabin, you book a category cabin you would be happy with... and HOPE for an upgrade (which is usually deck to deck, not inside to outside, etc.) With Carnivals new policy, they say you cannot change your room after docs have been issued... if you are wanting to pay for an upgrade, they may still allow you to do that... just call your TA and tell her/him you want to upgrade and find out how much... next time you book a GUAR category, make sure you book something you will be happy with as upgrades are not always guaranteed...

have fun!!!

I believe our cabin is on the inside: U182. I saw on the website that cabin has a twin bunk bed?!! Say it isn't so... I can still change that, right?

Lisa

Celebration 9/02

Lisa , I found this on another site.

U1824C (inside) Upper Interior Stateroom, Twin Beds That Convert To A King

s_show_me.gif

you should have 2 twin beds and 2 upper bunks. Not bad actually. Enough room for 4 to sleep..:)

Lisa,

I think the symbols you are looking at mean that there are two upper bunks in your cabin, in addition to the two twin beds. This means that the room could be also classified as a quad. We sailed on the Paradise in December and were given a similiar room. We book by room assignment and not a guarantee. I was suprised that we were given the room, but the locataion was ideal for us. We originially booked a 4A and was given this room on the Empress deck. Don't worry. The room is located about five cabins past the last elevator on the left side of the ship. You are far enough above the engine, so noise from that should not be a problem. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies! I feel very comfortable where we are now with all the input! I was hoping maybe I could upgrade to a balcony (?) if available on this ship. Just curious if that may be an option.

When I intially booked - we did TBA on 4B and when we received our docs, we were assigned to 4C in U182. From what I can tell we have a great spot!

Thanks again....

Lisa

Celebration *Labor Day Weekend - 9/02*

if you are going on the 9/6 sailing, but they cost about $1700 per person. You might want to think about asking your TA to see about getting you an upgrade to an O/V as those are around $559 per person.

I believe our cabin is on the inside: U182. I saw on the website that cabin has a twin bunk bed?!! Say it isn't so... I can still change that, right?

Lisa

Celebration 9/02

U182, just around the corner from our room in April.

Pics of what your room should look like, along with my full trip report:

http://members.shaw.ca/vorpalbunnies/celebration/

Room location was fine for us. You're right by the elevators if you need, stairs if you want. Close to the dining room as well.

As I said in my report, it got a bit noisy with the engines at docking time, but I suspect that's the same pretty much anywhere on the ship.

Archived