The Dawn made it to Drydock

btown

We took a ride to castle island yesterday and we saw the Dawn coming in to Black Falcon pier. She was a beautiful site! It was a nice day, high 70s and sunny. I hope the crew enjoys their time in Boston.

I will be sailing on the Dawn's first cruise post-drydock...does anyone know what can be expected? New carpets? New paint?

I expect some repainting and recarpeting will get done, but the primary reason the dry dock was scheduled now was to repair its azipods.

It'll be interesting to read afterwards what other remodeling might have been done. IE, will it have a rock climbing wall upon exiting the dry dock? How about redecorating one lounge/bar by adding beds? I don't really expect NCL will do any major redecorating this time around, but some redecorating may occur.

We just took a drive over to visit the Dawn today.

We saw that there were crews painting the outside areas and lots of cleaning/scrubbing going on on the balconies. We could see people washing windows and cleaning inside too!

We are looking forward to our cruise in August.

We are looking forward to our cruise in August.

Just keep it polished up for those of us on the October repo. We wouldn't want the folks in Miami thinking we were slops when we deliver it in November!

;)

Just keep it polished up for those of us on the October repo. We wouldn't want the folks in Miami thinking we were slops when we deliver it in November!

;)

I promise to do my part and keep it clean. I will be on the 2 day before the repo. I will have 2 chances to clean up my mess for you:D

Hey Ron: notice that the lifeboats are missing from the Dawn. Do they remove them when a ship goes in for drydock?

The lifeboats were removed and are on land, in rows, next to the drydock area.

My wife took some pictures of the ship and maybe got some of the lifeboats. I do not know how to download pictures. She is hopefully going to do it later. :)

I walked over to the dry dock and took some pictures today. You can see them here (hopefully):

http://www.pikeo.com/jonbez

Thanks a lot for sharing the pictures.

The lifeboats were removed and are on land, in rows, next to the drydock area.

My wife took some pictures of the ship and maybe got some of the lifeboats. I do not know how to download pictures. She is hopefully going to do it later. :)

That would be very nice

hapydancsmil.gif

I am glad the azipods are being repaired. I wondered when they were going to do so. I will be sailing on it for the first time in December and would hate to miss any ports. Never have been on a ship with this problem, I hope she will look really nice once the drydock is done.

Archived