If Your Veranda is Not Accessible..

harryw

Someone posted that their veranda door was screwed shut..

I think that anyone not having an accessible Veranda should request a credit of the difference in price between their cabin and a veranda-less one..

Would it be best to do so orally during the cruise or write to a CEO afterward?

Harry

harryw –

. . . whether there might have been a misunderstanding. As far as I know you cannot ‘screw shut’ the sliding glass doors to a veranda. Could it be that they were talking about the dividers between two adjoining verandas? Some have a small door to allow easy access from one veranda to the next.

Someone posted that their veranda door was screwed shut..

I think that anyone not having an accessible Veranda should request a credit of the difference in price between their cabin and a veranda-less one..

Would it be best to do so orally during the cruise or write to a CEO afterward?

Harry

Hi Harry !

That appears to be an isolated incident. If that actually happened to me, I would certainly make sure that guest relations staff had a record of it, and I would follow up with a note to the Corporate office when I returned home. At the very least, I would expect a credit for the difference in price.

With that said, If that actually happened, I have to ask.... why couldnt it be resolved within a day or 2 of a 7 day Cruise ? If I was that passenger, I would have insisted it be resolved immediately or asked for another cabin. It is curious to say the least.

Hi Harry !

That appears to be an isolated incident. If that actually happened to me, I would certainly make sure that guest relations staff had a record of it, and I would follow up with a note to the Corporate office when I returned home. At the very least, I would expect a credit for the difference in price.

With that said, If that actually happened, I have to ask.... why couldnt it be resolved within a day or 2 of a 7 day Cruise ? If I was that passenger, I would have insisted it be resolved immediately or asked for another cabin. It is curious to say the least.

I believe that the workmen did not want anyone on their balconies while work was in progress, so the doors were "screwed shut." As near as I can determine, you could not screw the veranda door shut, but you could prevent it from sliding open. I think this was a safety issue.

You won't get a credit authorization from anyone onboard the ship. You would have to write a letter to the CL afterwards, stating the facts and requested your credit back. It's a corporate decision. Happy Sailing!

Archived