Triumph Questions Please :)

We leave Saturday for our first cruise and while I thought I had found most of my answers over the past year I still have a few questions. I apologize for not searching but these keywords bring up pages and pages of posts. If they seem silly I apologize but here goes:

Do the rooms have closets or an area to hang clothes? I packed the hangers with our formal wear and it hit me I wasn't sure if I had seen anything mentioned about closets.

Does the ship have Splenda or do I need my own stash? I also plan on bringing my fat free powdered creamer in a brand new container but....I usually carry a baggie of it in my purse. I'm pretty sure I had no issues getting through security with it last year but things have changed since then. Is there any restrictions on bringing this through security?

We are also bringing 2 way radios and yes I realize this is a hot topic and we plan on being extremely curteous to others and using the vibrate mode only etc (so please I've read through pages of debate already). Will I have any trouble getting through security if they are in our carry on bag?

Bugs .....are they an issue on the ship or in the ports? Do we need bug repellant?

And my last question (if you got this far thank you!) Beyond the dining room will we be comfortable in shorts? I really don't want to pack sweaters etc unless we have to.

Thanks and thank you again to all that post and share their personal experiences. It has made planning for this cruise so much easier.

We leave Saturday for our first cruise and while I thought I had found most of my answers over the past year I still have a few questions. I apologize for not searching but these keywords bring up pages and pages of posts. If they seem silly I apologize but here goes:

Do the rooms have closets or an area to hang clothes? I packed the hangers with our formal wear and it hit me I wasn't sure if I had seen anything mentioned about closets.

Does the ship have Splenda or do I need my own stash? I also plan on bringing my fat free powdered creamer in a brand new container but....I usually carry a baggie of it in my purse. I'm pretty sure I had no issues getting through security with it last year but things have changed since then. Is there any restrictions on bringing this through security?

We are also bringing 2 way radios and yes I realize this is a hot topic and we plan on being extremely curteous to others and using the vibrate mode only etc (so please I've read through pages of debate already). Will I have any trouble getting through security if they are in our carry on bag?

Bugs .....are they an issue on the ship or in the ports? Do we need bug repellant?

And my last question (if you got this far thank you!) Beyond the dining room will we be comfortable in shorts? I really don't want to pack sweaters etc unless we have to.

Thanks and thank you again to all that post and share their personal experiences. It has made planning for this cruise so much easier.

The rooms have plenty of closet space, but you may want to bring some extra hangers.

Splenda is available on board, not sure about the powdered creamer...if I were you, I'd just bring it along in the original container and that should eliminate a lot of potential questions.

No problems at all with 2 way radios...they're invaluable to us.

We went Western and had no problems with bugs, but I did buy and carry along a traavel size can of OFF just incase. I'd rather err on the side of caution (which is also why we had about double the stuff than what we needed, LOL).

As far as sweaters/long pants...there was one night where we all changed into long-sleeved tshirts and wind pants at night to hang out up on deck. The weather down there may be hot and humid, but the AC pumps out nice and cold on the ship. PLUS, if you're pink or have been in the sun at all, I don't know about you, but that sometimes throw my "internal temp gauge" out of whack.

Hope that helps!:)

Yes, there are closets.

Not sure about Splenda? I would think it should.

Don't know about the radios through security.

Not on the ship. I've read about this before. I'ver never had a problem on previous cruises, but some have.

I pack a light sweater for the lounges. It is quite chilly while watching the shows.

I hope I have helped you somewhat. Let us know how your cruise goes when you get back. We're going on the Triumph in September.

Have a great cruise! :D

We bought Audiovox from Wal-Mart. They come with a docking charger that we plugged in at night. It's worth it to spend a little more for them (wider range). IMO. I have a teenager and that walkie sure came in handy!! It's also good for locating husbands who like to go sightseeing around the ship. :D

What brand of radio did you use - I've been thinking of checkin into them, but don't want to waste money on getting one that doesn't suit the purpose intended. thanks, Jan

Uniden GMR638-2CK 22-Channel 6-Mile GMRS / FRS Two-Way Radios with Charging Cradle (Pair) for $28 on Amazon. Worked like a charm. And we've never had any problem with people clogging up the channels or anything, either. :)

Thank you so much to both posters - We are taking our 16 yr old with us this time - it is his 16th birthday present - and I have been a little panic-y on how to keep track of him without keeping him on a leash! Jan

Thanks for all the replies :) I sent my husband to the credit union today to get travelers checks. I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere that they can be cashed at the pursers desk?? I just looked through my Carnival info and I don't see that anywhere in the papers??

Thanks for all the replies :) I sent my husband to the credit union today to get travelers checks. I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere that they can be cashed at the pursers desk?? I just looked through my Carnival info and I don't see that anywhere in the papers??

No trouble at all, no fees, etc. Very convenient.:)

If I recall, the Triumph has some star-shaped closet thingy that all the hangers fit into. They were plentiful, but weird. I don't remember if there were regular bars you could use regular hangers on.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys. The walkie talkie idea is awesome. Never thought of it. We are traveling with 2 17 y/o girls and it would be good to know where they are. Do alot of people use these?

From what I've read yes alot of people use them :) There's alot of debate about them as well. I'll let you know how well they worked when we get back from Saturday's cruise. I have a 19 and 21 year old son and don't expect to be joined at the hip with them but still would like the peace of mind knowing they could "find" us if needed :)

From what I've read yes alot of people use them :) There's alot of debate about them as well. I'll let you know how well they worked when we get back from Saturday's cruise. I have a 19 and 21 year old son and don't expect to be joined at the hip with them but still would like the peace of mind knowing they could "find" us if needed :)

Exactly.

For sure, let us know how you make out with them.

No problem with hangers, in fact their were so many, we took the extras down as they were squishing our formal clothes too much.

I don't remember about Splenda because if it is not there DH and I will use Equal, but I 'think' they had Splenda. As for the creamer. just pack it in your checked luggage. Put the container in a large ziplock bag and in your checked bag. The same with your two way radios. We took the batteries out of ours. Put the batteries in a small ziplock bag in one checked bag and 4 radios in the other checked bag, with the wiring. In fact 2 of the radios had re-charger plugs. DH just packed it all in our luggage. He did not want to deal with it going through security. Those people are not too bright.

In all of my cruising I have never seen a reason for bug spray. You can leave it home.

Except that you cannot wear them in the dining room for dinner, you will probably wear shorts everywhere else. I have even worn shorts in the dining room for breakfast, so have many others. Just NOT for dinner. Please dress nicely for dinner.

IF you have any other question please do not hesitate to contact me.

Archived