Ship docked overnight--how late can we stay out?

The first night on our cruise the ship is docked in Venice. We plan to see a concert that night at one of the churches. Has anyone else done this? Will we have any trouble reboarding the ship that night? How late can we get back onboard?

Thanks,

Jess

usually you can come and go as you please. that is if you have permission from a responsible adult, that leaves me out. seriuously, we have come in well after midnight in a number of ports that we stayed overnight and we have seen others coming in much later when we were sitting on the balcony. you will love Venice. the concert sounds interesing.

We just came back from our Med cruise on Celebrity. You can stay out all night but the last shuttle to the ship is at 11:00. You would either have to walk back or find other transportation back tot he ship!

We're overnighting in Istanbul and plan to atually stay in a hotel and not return until we leave the next day. My TA nearly had an apoplexy and said I couldn't do that when I told her, but I don't see the difference in staying out at clubs till 4 a.m. and just staying out all night period.

I will let my room steward know though, so they don't worry when we don't return.

• 9 years later...

Hi guys i know this is a 10 year old thread BUT BIG help to me as I will have an overnight in Havana Cuba and as im 21....... it was urgent I know if if could come back at any hour to the ship hahahaha . so thanks :)