I apologize for posting my Conquest review!

mrogers

I remember when we were that age, we could barely make ends meet with bills, food, emergency expenditures, etc. How can they afford one cruise, let alone several a year????? Maybe those big, fat welfare checks

So, your were poor at getting a good job or managing money. And it seems you're still angry about it.

No one told you where they handed out the freebies?

LOL... I am 24, I went on a cruise last year and another is coming up this year. We will probably go on vacation once a year for the rest of our lives... and we are not on welfare.

As far as affording it... I have a decent job that pays my bills, my school, my vacations, my clothes, my liesure.. I'm a bartender. I make DECENT money for not having completed school yet. I save/spend based on how I want to use my money. A vacation happens to be something I consider worth saving for.

I'm sorry you couldn't find a decent job when you were my age. :(

Go ahead, flame away, I'm not going to read them anyway....

LOL-- yeah, right.

I found nothing inflammatory about the review, except for the implication that it was because of leaving out of Galvaston that there were social morons on the cruise! That happens every where, everyday!

One would expect that a newer ship like the Conquest would be a little better maintained, but it IS a very large ship-I imagine maintenance is hard to keep up 100% when there is such a huge turnover of people! They sure don't have a lot of time in port to clean and fix before the next crowd gets on! Imagine when they come out with the even more gigantic ships! :eek: And the sea air is hard on windows-has anyone ever tried to maintain a saltwater fish tank? I can't believe the work that goes into it, and how quickly gunk builds up. . .there really isn't any excuse for not repairing broken doors between cabins-that can be a safety issue if it's not being used as an adjoing room.

As for food, entertainment, etc., that will change from ship to ship, sailing to sailing. I found the food better on the older Sensation when I went, and the atmosphere a little less rushed. Probably due to the size difference.

As for people, not too much can be done, especially if the ship doesn't enforce their rules. Some people are just moronic, some don't control their children. And some won't have fun no matter where they are! It goes both ways. I think your review was fair, but I wouldn't have let those things ruin my trip. Now getting sick would have ruined my trip, but again, that can't be controlled!:p

Why do you not see this type reaction when someone posts a negative review on the NCL or Princess boards?

Makes you think?

I beg to differ. Just yesterday I was reading a review on the NCL board and it wasnt good. The reaction from the cheerleading squad? UGLY!

Why do you not see this type reaction when someone posts a negative review on the NCL

The reason you don't see it on the NCL board is that the people over there are so visicous the average negative review only lasts a couple of hours. :rolleyes:

You're right it is, so I'm going to hijack it............:(

So many frequent cruisers seem to be very young, as in 20-35 yrs old, and I remember when we were that age, we could barely make ends meet with bills, food, emergency expenditures, etc. How can they afford one cruise, let alone several a year????? Maybe those big, fat welfare checks....... Go ahead, flame away, I'm not going to read them anyway....:p

...and from your post it becomes obvious why you had difficulty making ends meet - thanks for the hijack!

People need to understand this is the internet, I will say it again, people are allowed to agree, disagree, provide contrary opinions, claim you are teling the truth, claim you are lying. Get over it and move on. Starting this thread was a waste, you did not need to, it does not help your case at all, in fact...

I so agree with the OP. I was slammed for my review and honest comments from my recent Miracle cruise.

I had one fella telling me that things were different than I had actually experienced.

I find the RCCL board to be more able to handle the negatives of a particular cruise!

Don't apologise. You are entitled to your opinion. And don't feel alone. I have been blasted in this forum as well. Some people just don't have any manners. :( You can disagree with someone with out making it personal.

I appreciate the feed back. I hope you next experience is much better!:D

You're right it is, so I'm going to hijack it............:(

So many frequent cruisers seem to be very young, as in 20-35 yrs old, and I remember when we were that age, we could barely make ends meet with bills, food, emergency expenditures, etc. How can they afford one cruise, let alone several a year????? Maybe those big, fat welfare checks....... Go ahead, flame away, I'm not going to read them anyway....:p

I am 25, work 48 or more hours a week, am a full time student working on my Master's in legal studies, and yet, I manage to pay my bills, get in the occassionaly recreational shopping trip, and plan at least one vacation a year without shooting myself in the foot. Welfare? I don't think so! It's all about saving for what's important, and to me, a nice vacation is important as I need a break from the day to day life. I put aside a certain amount of money every week into my savings account, aka, my vacation fund. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself to a fabulous, relaxing trip if you can afford it. Frankly it's an important part of my life. It keeps me from getting burned out with work and school. Maybe the 20-35 year olds today are just a little more practical with money then you were at that age.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can go on a cruise and not find one good thing to say. I don't care whether you liked the ship or not, wouldn't stop me from sailing it. I appreciate the opinions you expressed. But when there is nothing but negativity it makes it a bit less credible. Can you honestly say there wasn't anything you enjoyed? I guess I love cruising so much that I can't imagine not enjoying myself. We've had cruises that were better than others, but none were ALL bad! Actually my least favorite was the Triumph. But hey, I still had a fantastic time!

I don't think the ports have much to do with the actual cruise ship. "hit or miss" isn't exactly a compliment. Ok, I'll give you "Some Food". :D

It is his review, if you don't agree, so be it. But it was posted as his opinion, not yours. Somehow I missed the part where the OP asked if you had a good time on your cruises.

Instead of rebuking him for his posting, just agree to disagree !

Archived