Pre-Cruise Seattle - Mariners Game

steveknj

I will be in Seattle Pre-Cruise this weekend with DW and, as I am a big baseball fan and love visiting baseball stadiums on my journey, I was wondering if taking in a game "on the fly" at Safeco is doable, especially for a Saturday night. Ideally we'd like to just go an hour or two before the game, buy walkup tickets and go, this way, if we decide we'd rather do something else, we don't have to go to the game. But if I have to, I'll buy in advance.

Not a chance that the game will be sold out and the ballpark is beautifully designed, so there's great sightlines from everywhere in the stadium (but I suspect you'll be able to get good seats, even on game day).

Yes you will be able to get walkup tickets on the day of the game. My recomendation if you're not planning on staying for the whole game, look into the tickets in the center field bleachers. The tickets are $7 per person. There are lots of places to stand and see the game without even going to your seat. If you like garlic, don't miss the garlic fries.

This Saturday the Mariners are playing the Texas Rangers. It should not be a sell out. The other suggestion to purchase bleacher seats and walk around is good advice. You can also go the the Seattle Mariners home page to purchase tickets. Some are unused season tickets and you can get some great seats that way. Safeco Field is a great field and I'll bet that you will stay for the entire game. The field opens two hours before the game so that you can see batting practice. So plan on 5PM

www.seattlemariners.com

Just a warning, Saturday's game might be busier than I first thought. The Mariners are inducting Edgar Martinez into the team hall of fame.

He is a baseball hero in this area, so there will be a few extra folks at the game. There will be a pregame ceremony involved with it.

I bought my tickets for Saturday night's game today (Thursday), and there are plenty of seats available. I think there are more tickets sold for tomorrow night's game, because everyone wants one of those darn collectible train cars! (I'd rather see 'Gar!) :)

Thanks everyone. I think I'll take my chances and by tix the day of the game. Anyone know how far Safeco is from any of the tourist attractions? (Pikes, Space Needle, etc.) If it is relatively nearby, I'll stop by earlier in the day and buy tix then.

Archived