Ship Jumper in Jail

Sorry, these people are NOT parents!!! I feel so sorry for the kids being put in a situation like this. I hope the parents and kids get help.....and I hope the jumper becomes fish bait.

Once again you start to think... "Who in their right mind....." Of course any parent who did allow their kid to go on a cruise will now be pointing a finger at the cruise lines, instead of themselves for allowing this to happen.

Who would allow their 16 year old child to cruise with an adult? Reality is more scary then fiction!

To be more specific, what parent would allow their underage child to cruise with another adult to whom they are not related. As a parent, I was trying to come up with such a situation. The closest I could come is a single mom who enrolled their kid in a "big brother"program and had a long history with. I still probably wouldn't, but that is as close as i could come. The story did say the guy developed relationships with teh kids and their parents, but even so I couldn't take that leap of faith.

Hopefully, he goes before a judge that will throw the book at him, and keep him in jail where he belongs. What parent would allow their 16 yr old to go with a non family member? This is a horrible situation, and hopefully he is held accountable for his despicable behavior

Actually, I am very happy this man was found alive and rescued. Now everyone knows what kind of person he is and he will be forced to pay the consequences of his actions. The investigation may not have gone as far as it did otherwise. Thoughts go out to his victims. Now they have their day to expose him for the b**tard he is and make him face up to his disturbing behavior. Sick.

I just hope that we do not hear any more of these horror stories, and that he is never free to walk the streets again

He will eventually get out of jail, and move into my neighborhood, and I'll get another one of those flyers letting me know he is there. If you put a pin in the map for every registered sex offender, my neighborhood would be holey, but certainly not holy.

Who would allow their 16 year old child to cruise with an adult? Reality is more scary then fiction!

Can you say, "Let's have a sleepover at the Jackson place!" I thought you could. :eek:

The second article indicated the family said he was "trusted family friend for over 15 years". I'm disgusted by all of it, but it's sad that you have to question everyone involved in your children's lives anymore. When we were younger there was a friend of my mom's that took us places a lot. Nothing ever happened. She did it out of the goodness of her heart as our home environment was not always the best. It's sad all the way around but I don't want to hang the parents for the crime of this pervert.

Hopefully, he goes before a judge that will throw the book at him, and keep him in jail where he belongs. What parent would allow their 16 yr old to go with a non family member? This is a horrible situation, and hopefully he is held accountable for his despicable behavior

This guy was a complete sicko and the world would likely be a better place if he had not been rescued. However, the boy that he was with was 16 years old and SHOULD have been capable of better judgment. It's obvious to me, and should be to everyone, that he had to be having a lot of extreme emotional problems to be vulnerable to that kind of abuse and manupulation. When I was his age and younger, my parents allowed me to travel under the supervision of adult - MALE and female- scuba instructors - out of the country...regularly, and I was never touched in any manner. It's a ridiculous assumption to blame the parents for irresponsibilty in this instance without having all the facts of the case.

Archived