Hotel in Vancouver?

We will be staying in Vancouver the night before out cruise to Alaska, i have narrowed the hotels to The Four seasons and the Weston bayshore. The Bayshore sounds beautiful. but is it easily accessable to the downtown area . Does the Trolly run in that area.

Thanks for any info

westin bayshore is truly beautiful & the setting is beautiful & it's the closest by far to stanley park & it's is on the water. The walk to Robson street is about 5 minutes. There are lots of restaurants within a few minutes walk.

what were you wanting to "do" downtown? other than the art gallery, there's not much there. I work right downtown & it's an easy, less than 10 minute walk from my office to the westin.

the vancouver trolley stops at the westin bayshore see their schedule at http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/citytours/tour.html

also there are tons of city buses that run along west georgia...just a block away from the hotel.

Weathermom - how long would it take to walk from the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel downtown to the waterfront ? This is part of a package deal with HAL and sorta wish we were at the Westin Bayshore or the Pan Pacific, but looks like this Vancouver Hotel is nice, we just would like to be right on the water. gg

Weathermom - how long would it take to walk from the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel downtown to the waterfront ? This is part of a package deal with HAL and sorta wish we were at the Westin Bayshore or the Pan Pacific, but looks like this Vancouver Hotel is nice, we just would like to be right on the water. gg

Probably take less than 10 minutes to walk from Hotel Van to the Pan. It's 4 blocks. It's a nice hotel, old though. But a very historical part of Vancouver. It's in a great location!! you're 4 blocks from the water and 1 block to Robson street.

what were you wanting to "do" downtown? other than the art gallery, there's not much there. I work right downtown & it's an easy, less than 10 minute walk from my office to the westin.

This is why whenever we are in Vancouver, we much prefer to be close to shopping, restaurants and activities than even considering a hotel with just a water view. Vancouver is a beautiful city almost regardless of where you stay, and you can bike or walk a short distance from nearly anywhere, almost anytime to be near the water. Thus I much prefer the Wedgewood, Sutton Place or other great hotels nearer Robson etc, or a stay in Yaletown near all the trendy and hip stuff, over the Westin Bayshore or Pan-Pacific and their "views". Just my 2 cents.

I'm a Vancouver local.

The Four Seasons is within a 10 minute walk from just about everything, from the waterfront to shopping. It's closer to Gastown, for example, than the Fairmont. The Fairmont is further south (and west), and therefore farther from the water albeit by only a single city block. It's right next to the Vancouver Art Gallery, and faces onto a busy finance section of the city core.

I hope you enjoy our beautiful city. I've been all over the world and still have no desire to move anywhere else.

Archived