Answer to Cabin 6630 - Liberty OTS

Awhile ago somebody had questions about this cabin. We stayed in it this last week and would like to fill you in on our experience. This is the last E-1 cabin on the port side before the E-2 hump cabins. In reality, I would call this a pre-hump cabin as the balcony starts to hump out even though the room is even with the inside hallway. You pick up about 2' of hump balcony in this cabin and about 2'-3' of space between the curtain and the SGD(which is where we stored our suitcases.) Good thing, because even though the beds and sofabed were comfortable, I will never stay in a standard balcony cabin with 4 people again. JS next time. With sofabed made up, there is less than a foot of space to get by. Other than space restrictions this cabin would be fine for 2 people.

Gregg

We have 7630 on the Freedom. There are 2 adults and a child. What do you think of the space for this amount of people? How was the balcony view? Not that it really matters now because we are 3 weeks from sailing so this is our cabin. I think it should be a pretty nice cabin though, just wondering what to be prepared for.

Thanks, Tina

Hello Tina,

First off, you are going to love the ship. You are able to stand on your balcony on the aft side and are able to look towards the front of the ship without hanging out over the rail. That was a nice feature along with the storage area. You don't say how old your son is but I had my 20yr DD and her 19yr roommate on the sofabed (they are each about 5'2" tall). Was a little tight both on the bed and in the room when the bed was pulled out. This took away storage area. 2 years ago we went on the Explorer and it was just my DS, DD & I and we had an E-1 w/pullman. Even though the view is a little nicer from this cabin, I would give up the view and would have taken the cabin next door which has a pullman to free up floor space if it had been just the 3 of us again. We are planning our next cruise for the Adventure OTS (Southern Caribbean) and my children & I have decided we will be in a JS (minimum) if we travel with 4 again. JMHO.

Gregg (Suffering from PCD big time)

Tina, I notice you are from Tally. My DD and her roommate will be starting their Junior year at FSU. They are up there now doing their mandatory summer session.

Thanks so much for your response. My son is 10 and he will be on the sofa! I am glad the view is good. I was a little worried about feeling boxed in on the balcony due to the humps beginning to jut out right beside us. I think this cabin will be fine for us and I know we will have a great time.

How does your daughter like Tallahassee? Many students here think "there is nothing to do" and are happy to leave. I graduated from FSU, moved home to Tampa and then moved back to Tallahassee. I really enjoy it here.

Tina

See and her roommate seem to love it there. They had to drive up early Monday morning for work. Summer classes start 6/25. She hopes to graduate Dec 08 and is thinking of doing her Master's at UCF. Of course, that could change and depending where a job offer comes from will determine where see will be living.

Gregg

Archived