Honeymoon Aug07 in Med for couples in late 20's

Hi All- My fiancée and I planning our honeymoon for early Aug 2007. We already have our flights out to Europe. Originally, we were going to travel around a bit, but my beautiful bride decided that she didn’t want to travel around as an "upper-class backpacker". We have both been to Europe several times, and have both lived there, hence we are looking for more of a relaxing vacation, and not a "let's go museum" type of trip.

I have been on several cruises (in the Carib), so know what to expect when down there. However I am a newbie to Mediterranean cruises.

What ship/itinerary is recommended for a HONEYMOON in the Eastern Mediterranean (1st choice), Western Med (2nd choice)? We are looking at 7-10 days max, cuz otherwise we will go stir crazy in the small cabin.

My biggest concerns about a Med cruise is that there won't be too many people our age (late 20's). My parents used to go on a European cruise every summer with their friends; I know they had a great time whenever they went. As much as I love them, I think after the wedding I am going to need a break from everyone in their generation (no offense intended towards any forum-readers their age). :o

As of now we are contemplating: Celeb Galaxy, several of the MSC Cruises, and a few Costa cruises. We considered the RCL Splendor, but it's way overpriced for what it is.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

-Michael

I did a Med. Cruise for my college graduation. It was RCCL Legend of the Seas and was one of the best vacations I've even taken. We left from Barcelona, and went on to France, Italy and Sardina, then back to Spain. It has been a few years, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Archived