Spa Treatments on QM2

Jimsgirl

Going on Transatlantic in Oct. I know the spa is managed by a different company than most cruise chips.

Has any one had a regular massage on the the QM2, what was the price please and do they do the same "Hard Sell " that Elmis does on other ships?

For myself I am tired of the "hard sell routine", it spoils the "being pampered" atmosphere.

Thank you for any advice you may be able to give me.

I have taken the QM2 four times, and have used the spa each time. I just returned from the Memorial Day cruise, and had a lymphatic massage and a classic facial. Both were about $125, which includes a 10% tip. An additional tip is at your discretion. Canyon Ranch runs the spa, and it is perfection. People are wonderful, the relaxation lounge is indescribably wonderful, the locker room is good with an attentive attendant, the therapy pool is outrageous, and the massages are the best I've had. There is absolutely no hard sell. I've never had anyone try and sell me a product onboard. I think you'll be very pleased. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to try and answer.

Ive also had a massage in the Canyon Ranch (head neck and shoulder by Magda) and whilst it was very relaxing, the crew were having their emergency drill practice at the same time so occasionally the whale type music got drowned out with a few barked instructions of where they were to go etc!! :o I still enjoyed it immensely, so much so that I am going to book a shiatsu massage for my next trip.

Theres no hard sell at all, if you want a treatment or hair appointment, just pop along to the canyon ranch reception and book it in, it is preferable that you book it sooner than later, they can get a bit booked up im told.

If you go to http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs/qm2-book-stay.aspx and then click on the "Download the Spa Club Menu of Services", you get to see what they do and how much it costs - dont forget that you can spend the day in the spa area for free when you have a massage, its all included within the price of your massage. The pools are fantastic!!

Now, the question is....do I have more than one treatment this time???;)

Jenni

I've done a "Chiropractic Massage" four or five times. The first time the Dr., Sam, "cured" me of a mystery pain in my right side that had stumped my now-ex-doctor for two years.

The spa staff are exactly what you'd want and the facilities are lovely.

That said, skip having your hair cut onboard. It is the only thing that is not worth the extra expense.

Enjoy!

I've done a "Chiropractic Massage" four or five times. The first time the Dr., Sam, "cured" me of a mystery pain in my right side that had stumped my now-ex-doctor for two years.

The spa staff are exactly what you'd want and the facilities are lovely.

That said, skip having your hair cut onboard. It is the only thing that is not worth the extra expense.

Enjoy!

That's the massage I've got my eye on! I've got some mystery ailments in my back that Dr. Sam could solve. :)

That's the massage I've got my eye on! I've got some mystery ailments in my back that Dr. Sam could solve. :)

He's so good we checked with him to make sure he would be on-board before booking the Norway trip. And the January quickie to St. Thomas, now that I think of it.

I'll tell him you're on your way. :)

He's so good we checked with him to make sure he would be on-board before booking the Norway trip. And the January quickie to St. Thomas, now that I think of it.

I'll tell him you're on your way. :)

Thank you, Sea! I could really use the "cure".

Just think, when me meet on the Caribbean trip I'll be fit and upright and not groaning. :D

I guess it is what makes each of us happy. I had my hair done in a up-sweep one night and it cost me $90.00 with a tip... I liked it so much and was well worth the indulgence.

I had the shiatsu (sp?) massage and it was great. No sales pitch at all on the products. I heard that was a problem with the Steiner spas, no issue at all for Canyon Ranch on QM2. A very nice lounge to relax in beforehand--I didn't take advantage of it after the massage but it would be a great place to spend some relaxing time just watching the waves. You can check out the prices for the various services by going to the Canyon Ranch website. If you book a service you get to use spa facilities that entire day without extra charge; there is a charge otherwise.

I guess it is what makes each of us happy. I had my hair done in a up-sweep one night and it cost me $90.00 with a tip... I liked it so much and was well worth the indulgence.

Ahh. But not the same as a haircut! If you'd gotten one of those, you might agree with Song. And if he'd gotten an upsweep hairstyle, he would likely agree with you. ;)

I thought the spa experience was fantastic....my husband loved his Swedish massage so much he booked it twice that week and is already talking about it for the next trip in Nov. I had the shiatsu massage with Tomo...a wonderful gentleman who knew just what ailed you and did a great job fixing it. My friend did one of the wraps and a massage and she pronounced it the best she'd had.

I am curious about the chiropractic massage....I didn't see that last winter. Exactly what does the Dr do for you? Is it a typical adjustment type thing? Is he on all the time, and how did you find out when he was there? I could be very interested in that this November.

Ther was NO selling of any sort...none. My friend had to ask if any of the oils were for sale. It's a delightful spa...

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

The price is what you would normally pay for a massage (about $60 to $80), and there is no hard sell. It books up without hard sell.

Going on Transatlantic in Oct. I know the spa is managed by a different company than most cruise chips.

Has any one had a regular massage on the the QM2, what was the price please and do they do the same "Hard Sell " that Elmis does on other ships?

For myself I am tired of the "hard sell routine", it spoils the "being pampered" atmosphere.

Thank you for any advice you may be able to give me.

Thank you, Sea! I could really use the "cure".

Just think, when me meet on the Caribbean trip I'll be fit and upright and not groaning. :D

And just WHAT, pray tell, is wrong with groaning and not being upright, Angela?

Oh! You mean due to PAIN!

Sorry!

Carry on!

Karie

Pretty much the best at sea IMO. DD and I had aromatherapy massages - they were very relaxing. DH had the chiropractic - he loved it.

Also absolutely loved the facial.

We did buy some of the products, esp. the Canyon Ranch ones. Teenage DS had 2 great facials that worked wonders for his acne. We bought most of thise products.

Our group loved Canyon Ranch so much that some are considering a week trip to the original Canyon Ranch Spa.

Pretty much the best at sea IMO. DD and I had aromatherapy massages - they were very relaxing. DH had the chiropractic - he loved it.

Also absolutely loved the facial.

We did buy some of the products, esp. the Canyon Ranch ones. Teenage DS had 2 great facials that worked wonders for his acne. We bought most of thise products.

Our group loved Canyon Ranch so much that some are considering a week trip to the original Canyon Ranch Spa.

OPSM, If you don't want to go as far, there is a second one in Western Massachusetts- the Berkshires (Mountains). Likely to be comfortable weather.

And just WHAT, pray tell, is wrong with groaning and not being upright, Angela?

Oh! You mean due to PAIN!

Sorry!

Carry on!

Karie

When someone who has back trouble is having a time of trouble, i.e., "back went out", there are inadvertent groans that come out when you least expect them. Or maybe it's moans. heh. You never know when it's going to hurt that much. So best to not be doing that, eh! :p Talking too much about one's bad back is boring and suffering from it is boring and worse.

See how boring I am just mentioning it? :)

All these replies are wonderful news, I had a massage in an Elmis spa recently and the hard sell was really hard (pity because the massage itself was good)Girl insisted I would not "feel the befit " unless I had three massages and she tried to sell me at least three of the products used.

I thank you all, I will go to the site to check out that which is being offered, staying in the spa for relaxation sounds just "my cup of tea"

When my wife and I went on the QM2 for our honeymoon in Sept 05 we didn't do the Spa at all and regretted it.

Last time we were on board was Nov 06 and we opted for the 'Rasul Ceremony' at the spa, which included complimentary use of the hydrotherapy pool etc ...

I should temper any negativity in this post by saying that I'm not a 'Spa Person' - I prefer to relax my own way rather than something that someone else has predetermined to be relaxing so I may not be entirely open minded on the subject. The Hydrotherapy area was certainly very nicely decorated but I didn't find any particular part of it to be any more relaxing than say laying on a bed.

The 'Rasul Ceremony' was basically sitting in a steam room covering yourself in mud and then washing it off ... so not really worth the money in my view.

The staff however were very curteous, unobtrusive and certainly no hard sells whatsoever. If we ever go back on board again I won't rush back to the Spa but that's purely because it's not really my thing rather than because of anything wrong with it.

If you like Spa's I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Ahh. But not the same as a haircut! If you'd gotten one of those, you might agree with Song. And if he'd gotten an upsweep hairstyle, he would likely agree with you. ;)

...that my hair is pretty short and, as a man, there's not too much "interesting" to do for it. My favorite "stylist" is an aging gentleman named "Song" who doesn't speak a lick of English but gives a better cut (for $15 including the $5 tip, by the by) than the very nice man on QM2 who gave me a good dose of the Queen's English for $80.

Now, if I had a bufont (sp?) or something exciting, maybe... Still, my wife says the same thing. Fine cut. But nothing better than at home and having it be "special" is why you get a haircut on board. That said, it will be almost five weeks between today's cut and when we get home. I may have to opt for the onboard trim. Maybe the crew have a barber.

...that my hair is pretty short and, as a man, there's not too much "interesting" to do for it. My favorite "stylist" is an aging gentleman named "Song" who doesn't speak a lick of English but gives a better cut (for $15 including the $5 tip, by the by) than the very nice man on QM2 who gave me a good dose of the Queen's English for $80.

Now, if I had a bufont (sp?) or something exciting, maybe... Still, my wife says the same thing. Fine cut. But nothing better than at home and having it be "special" is why you get a haircut on board. That said, it will be almost five weeks between today's cut and when we get home. I may have to opt for the onboard trim. Maybe the crew have a barber.

I would be willing to have a go at a haircut if it was only just better than the unfortunate ones I get at home. Which is why I've grown my hair long. Seems no one is able to cut curly hair into a 'style', so all they want to do is straighten it after cutting a 'straight' style. Where is the love? Sigh.

I would be willing to have a go at a haircut if it was only just better than the unfortunate ones I get at home. Which is why I've grown my hair long. Seems no one is able to cut curly hair into a 'style', so all they want to do is straighten it after cutting a 'straight' style. Where is the love? Sigh.

For some reason, all of these short-haired hairdressers see my LONG tresses and immediately want to cut it all off. When I say no, they try to shame me into "donating" my hair to "locks of love" (to be made into real hair wigs for cancer patients) Let them donate theirs! My mother would NEVER let me grow my hair long (too much hassle). As a result, when I became an adult, I wanted it so bad, I would put up with any amount of hassle. BTW, did I mention I am now 52? :rolleyes:

Oh, and the hairdresser I have been using (who knows better than to ask to cut my hair. She gives me what she calls the "stick to the scissors" cut- just enough to stick to the scissors) always changes my part. Then she wants to put my hair in a French Braid (Which I look HORRIBLE in!) She has even done this to Marc! (who has beautiful long Fabio hair!) He always keeps it in a pony tail, but I did make it leave it down for the Pirate's ball!

Karie,

ho still thinks her long hair is her crowning glory... and draws the eye away from the "not so trim" body parts!

For some reason, all of these short-haired hairdressers see my LONG tresses and immediately want to cut it all off. When I say no, they try to shame me into "donating" my hair to "locks of love" (to be made into real hair wigs for cancer patients) Let them donate theirs! My mother would NEVER let me grow my hair long (too much hassle). As a result, when I became an adult, I wanted it so bad, I would put up with any amount of hassle. BTW, did I mention I am now 52? :rolleyes:

Oh, and the hairdresser I have been using (who knows better than to ask to cut my hair. She gives me what she calls the "stick to the scissors" cut- just enough to stick to the scissors) always changes my part. Then she wants to put my hair in a French Braid (Which I look HORRIBLE in!) She has even done this to Marc! (who has beautiful long Fabio hair!) He always keeps it in a pony tail, but I did make it leave it down for the Pirate's ball!

Karie,

ho still thinks her long hair is her crowning glory... and draws the eye away from the "not so trim" body parts!

Yes, Karie! They always want to cut off your hair. Mine isn't as long as yours but I wouldn't mind going a tad bit shorter if a proper style was included. I look fine in a braid, and if that was offered, I'd take that, too, in the hair-styling chair on QM2. And it would only take minutes, as curly hair braids very fast.

Are you saying the hairdresser was wanting to give your Marc a French braid? Did you bring some original JD and share with her? :p

Are you saying the hairdresser was wanting to give your Marc a French braid? Did you bring some original JD and share with her? :p

She actually did it to him once! Boy did he look silly!

Karie, who has just seen johnny Depp with his long hair!

Archived