Fishing charters in Skagway?

SyracuseSteve

Has anyone booked a 1/2 day charter in Skagway?

If so I am going in July '08 and am curious what company you used. Were they good? Was it worth it?

If your on the Sapphire Princess starting July 12, 2008 would you be interested? I have seen them at 6 people for $600 ($100/person). I may have 2 already (my son and I).

Thanks- Steve

skagway is way up the channel from juneau..any fishing trips would have to go down the juneau way. easier to just fish out of juneau, ketchikan or icy straits. (depending on your ports) fishing out of these places are suppose to be excellent at times of the fishing runs.

We fished skagway last year for a two hour trip and me and my farther -inlaw got three in the 25 to 30 lb. We have booked a half a day this year with the same company. It is Fat Samon Charters in Skagway, he was a great guy, had no complaints. I dont have his number but you can do a search on the computer.

skagway is way up the channel from juneau..any fishing trips would have to go down the juneau way. easier to just fish out of juneau, ketchikan or icy straits. (depending on your ports) fishing out of these places are suppose to be excellent at times of the fishing runs.

I have done some home work, in the summer all of Alaska has good fishing, some times the catching is not so great, as for Charter boats, there is a lot of self promotion here? The can can story is one that comes to mind? You are fishing a Ocean not a mill pond and down riggers make or brake a fishing charter. Ask Questions.

Stacym

Archived