2 kids, different age groups for kids' programs...

MamaParrotHead

How has this worked out for everyone? When we plan on sailing, I'll have a 6 YO and a 9/10 YO (depending on when we end up going). Not that they are SUPER close normally, but in a strange environment, I wonder how much of a problem that could be. Any thoughts? (We're cruising Carnival, if that matters at all).

Not a problem for my girls they could have cared less...lol. And they are usually stuck like glue.

One goes to the 3-5 group (or the 2-5 year old group) pending on which cruiseline we're on. The other goes to the 6-8 group.

If you don't make it a big deal then they won't even know it should be. I just show them what each "class" gets to do for the week. I show them the different activities (found online). And I tell them how exciting it's going to be for each of them to play with kids their own age. :D

If you don't make it a big deal then they won't even know it should be. I just show them what each "class" gets to do for the week. I show them the different activities (found online). And I tell them how exciting it's going to be for each of them to play with kids their own age. :D

That's the way to handle it!:) My boys are 20 months apart and were only in the same group on our last cruise (15-17 year olds), and, even then, they found kids their own age to hang out with. I think some parents worry too much about the kids being separated, when the kids usually end up having a great time apart--they do it each day to go to school, unless home schooled. (Note: comment not meant towards MamaParrotHead;) ). And, even with siblings who do like to hang out together, there is a lot of time on the cruise for families to be together. Camp Carnival is just one part (a fun one!) of the cruise.

You might want to download the Camp Carnival schedule (do a search....they are somewhere on this site) to show your kids, before hand, how much fun they will have. Have a great cruise!:)

Im worried about the exact same thing. I have a 2 yr old DD (3 when we cruise) who is only likes to be around us, and some of her cousins. And I have a 6 yr old Ds who goes to school and knows what it's like to be around other kids. I know darn well that my Ds will have a blast, but it's my DD that Im worried about. She is completely anti-social/ shy . LOL:rolleyes: I cant say it's because we dont try to put her around people because we do, it's just her personality, I was the same way when I was little , Stuck to my mom's leg. lol:D

Archived