Dawn Prices Dropped!!!!!

monkll

:o JUST CHECKED PRICES FOR THE DAWN THE WEEK OF JULY 28TH AND DISCOVERED THAT IT DROPPED 300 DOLLARS. ALREADY BOOKED. CALLED THEM AND THEY GAVE ME A 200 ON BOARD CREDIT.. SAID THE CREDIT WILL ALREADY BE APPLIED TO MY CARD WHEN I GET ON BOARD. DOES THIS SOUND REASONALBLE? AND CAN I REALLY TRUST THAT THE 200 DOLLARS WILL BE THERE? ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPENED??:confused:

There Is Still A Difference Of 129 Dollars That I Lost And Im Really Skeptical That The 200 Credit Wont Even Be There When I Board? Thats Why Im Asking If This Was Reasonalbe Bc It Never Happened To Me Before....

Well, you booked at a certain price and the price went down. I think from what I've read on this board that you're lucky to get any of the difference. Prices drop all the time. They also go up, but NCL doesn't make you pay a higher price. My advice is to be happy with what you got. Have a great cruise. :)

There Is Still A Difference Of 129 Dollars That I Lost And Im Really Skeptical That The 200 Credit Wont Even Be There When I Board? Thats Why Im Asking If This Was Reasonalbe Bc It Never Happened To Me Before....

Actually you didn't "lose" $129. You've gained $200! Usually, if a fare drops after the final payment has been made, we get nothing. The ta was extremely reasonable in offering you any compensation.

If the credit isn't there when you board, go back to the ta after your cruise. I've never heard of anyone not ultimately getting their credit. (It wouldn't hurt to bring an email from Travelocity stating that you have the credit on board with you.)

Have a fun cruise!

Cube

You're lucky to be getting anything. We too are booked for these dates. I noticed that prices went down some but have made final payment so I'm out of luck. On the bright side I booked at a reasonable rate and got exactly the cabins I wanted. An AB with adjioining AF! Can't wait to leave.

:confused: CAN YOU TRUST THAT YOUR ON BOARD CREDIT WILL ACTUALLY BE ON YOUR CARD WHEN YOU BOARD A CRUISE?

We've never had a problem. For your own peace of mind ask that a invoice showing the onboard credit be emailed to you and then hold on to it as proof.:)

. . . . ask that a invoice showing the onboard credit be emailed to you and then hold on to it as proof.:)

I did this last week and was told by the NCL rep (Rachel) that they did not email confirmations of OBC. :(

I've read of others who've had this done:confused: . I guess it depends on who answers the phone!

Sea Hound:D

I did this last week and was told by the NCL rep (Rachel) that they did not email confirmations of OBC. :(

I've read of others who've had this done:confused: . I guess it depends on who answers the phone!

Sea Hound:D

email customerservice@ncl.com

I called and could not get them to send me anything but said it was there. I wanted something in writing.

In the note I mentioned that I had the credit and I wanted them to confirm that it will be on my account on the ship. I did get an email about 5 days later. The response came from this email address ncladmin@ncl.com

Let us know how you make out.

Last Yr. my husband & myself and our friends went on the Spirit in Oct.'06 and paid in full at one set price and later the cost went down - Both couple's were given onboard credit of $200. each and we had no problems. When you set-up your acct you will notice the credit will be on there and also a statement on the desk in your cabin showing same. But, I do suggest that you get a confirmation (e-mail) printout to take with you just in case. Have a great cruise! God Bless, GeeeGeee;)

:o JUST CHECKED PRICES FOR THE DAWN THE WEEK OF JULY 28TH AND DISCOVERED THAT IT DROPPED 300 DOLLARS. ALREADY BOOKED. CALLED THEM AND THEY GAVE ME A 200 ON BOARD CREDIT.. SAID THE CREDIT WILL ALREADY BE APPLIED TO MY CARD WHEN I GET ON BOARD. DOES THIS SOUND REASONALBLE? AND CAN I REALLY TRUST THAT THE 200 DOLLARS WILL BE THERE? ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPENED??:confused:

What type of room do you have booked and who did you book it through? We on the 21st sailing and hoping maybe ours went down!

:confused: CAN YOU TRUST THAT YOUR ON BOARD CREDIT WILL ACTUALLY BE ON YOUR CARD WHEN YOU BOARD A CRUISE?

Yes...but, as mentioned above, ask to have a copy of the onboard amenities voucher emailed to you. It will list the primary passenger's name and show the amount of the OBC. That's what they did with our PoH OBC. In fact, we had two different OBCs (added at two different times for two different reasons), and they combined them into one onboard amenity voucher, which they emailed to me at my request. The OBC was on my DH's account when we boarded. (The OBC isn't divided up among the passengers in the cabin, it's usually all applied to the primary (first named) passenger.

We've never had a problem with OBCs being properly applied on any cruise line.

BTW, Cubechick is right on about NCL's policy regarding fare reductions or even paid upgrades (if fares drop and you want to upgrade because of the drop) after final payment. You did great--so stop that frowning!;) We also called after final payment when fares dropped (senior discount--they don't even reduce prices after final payment when senior or resident discounts are added). I had to escalate up to a reservations supervisor, but did prevail upon her to get the upgrade from balcony to mini-suite (and we got to choose a prime aft location, she didn't just randomly assign one) plus part of the fare difference as an OBC. Because the mini was at time a lower fare than what we had paid for our balcony, all I really pushed for was the upgrade, but then I persisted (nicely) to get a bit of an OBC. That is not typical, from what experienced NCL cruisers report; I certainly believe those NCL experts.

Enjoy your cruise and fabulous OBC.

Sea Hound: Be persistent and call again. They absolutely do send emails. We had two amenities and we got emails for both, but only when I asked.

Try this positive approach (and get a supervisor if necessary): "We are really looking forward to our cruise, and I'm hoping that you'll be able to help me with this" (most people like to think they're "helping" someone else solve a problem). "I am a bit concerned about our onboard credit being properly applied because fill-in-the-blank-reason" (our reason was that we had switched cabins and categories twice and had a second OBC added much later in the process; your reason could be as simple as "I've never had an OBC before, and just want to be sure there is no confusion" or "I just feel better having something I can see"). "I'll feel so much better knowing that I have a confirmation; I know things can be really busy onboard and I wouldn't want to have to bother anyone about it" (or words to that effect). Always stay pleasant, but persistent. If the first reservation or CS person can't/won't help you, then tell them that you will need to speak to a supervisor (you don't need to justify why and if they tell you that a supervisor won't speak with you or won't be able to do anything more, tell them you want to hear that from a supervisor directly).

Hope that helps...Yes, I guess it's true that most of us like to feel as if we are helping others.:)

beachchick

You're lucky to be getting anything. We too are booked for these dates. I noticed that prices went down some but have made final payment so I'm out of luck. On the bright side I booked at a reasonable rate and got exactly the cabins I wanted. An AB with adjioining AF! Can't wait to leave.

Two thingsl did you try and get an OBC for the reduction in price? Can't hurt. Sounds like the original thread made final payment too and got one. Secondly, you're going to love that room setup. Those AB rooms are my favorite. We're in one in Sept.

I think I may have outsmarted myself on my upcoming cruise! I always book my cruises myself, but I read so many negative things about NCL Customer Service I decided to book through a TA. I noticed the price for my cruise went down $100 which is not a big deal, but I figured I would call my TA and see if there is anything she can do. She is trying to tell me that the price actually went up, and that part of my fare is some $165 fee (not to be confused with my $116 taxes). She thoroughly confused me, so I called NCL as if to make a new booking and the price has indeed dropped $100.

I guess I will call the TA again tomorrow, and I completely understand if NCL says Tough Luck, but I am not pleased that the TA is either feeding me a line of bull, just doesn't want to bother or is an idiot! That'll teach me to just book it myself next time!!!

I discovered that some of the online agencies have a fee of their own that they charge to book. I got a great price from them so I went along wit it this one time. My normal "land-based" TA does not have this charge.

I think I may have outsmarted myself on my upcoming cruise! I always book my cruises myself, but I read so many negative things about NCL Customer Service I decided to book through a TA. I noticed the price for my cruise went down $100 which is not a big deal, but I figured I would call my TA and see if there is anything she can do. She is trying to tell me that the price actually went up, and that part of my fare is some $165 fee (not to be confused with my $116 taxes). She thoroughly confused me, so I called NCL as if to make a new booking and the price has indeed dropped $100.

I guess I will call the TA again tomorrow, and I completely understand if NCL says Tough Luck, but I am not pleased that the TA is either feeding me a line of bull, just doesn't want to bother or is an idiot! That'll teach me to just book it myself next time!!!

$165 sounds like the NCF part of the fare. Not to be confused with the taxes.

Are you comparing exact cabin categories? Are you currently booked as cabin assignment, or guarantee? Is the new rate for cabin assignments or guarantee? The difference between the 2 could be around $100 bucks.

It is possible....your TA is telling the truth. Believe it or not. :) If you're confused, you may not understand the whole story she's explaining.

Or, she is an idiot.

Archived