carryon luggage on land tour & C-PAP

hisheets

They are telling us that our carryon (for train and bus) should be no larger than 17x14x4. sounds about the size of a briefcase! I need to take a C-PAP (for sleep apnea) and wondered if that size limitiation is really accurate?

Or is it safe to pack the C-PAP well in the larger suitcase. How roughly are they handled as they go from stop to stop?:eek: :eek:

Hi,

My DH uses a Cpap- get a small rolling case (his is almost duffel shaped) and use that - they have to let you take a Cpap (medical eguipment...). Take it on the plane also (you can take it and another small bag.) Do not check it - you may never see it again and it is much to fragile.

Enjoy your trip.

Most people will carry on a backpack or a small bag (airline "under the seat" sized). The motorcoach is a lot more flexible and the train space is much more limited. However, I'm pretty sure that they have a limited amount of storage space for slightly larger bags even on the train. One of the women on our cruisetour overslept one morning and didn't get her luggage out. They found a corner somewhere for her (airline overhead bin-sized) roller bag onboard the train.

My hubby and I BOTH have sleep apnea and will need to take our machines on the trip. We were told NOT to check them as baggage by the manufacturer as they will get tossed around by the baggage handlers!:eek: I don't know how much YOUR machine cost but thank God for Health insurance as mine was $1200:eek:. My hubby was told on another trip that his C-PAP WAS his carry-on. We are planning to get letters from our Dr. and hopefully they will allow them PLUS a carry-on each. Otherwise, we will put them into smaller duffles and also put in our cameras and binoculars with them as carry-ons.

Archived