Wrap Around vs Suite

scejas

If you had the choice would you book a wrap around balcony or a suite ?

Also are there any extra amenities or perks of getting a suite besides extra room and a whirlpool tub ?

Also are there any extra amenities or perks of getting a suite besides extra room and a whirlpool tub ?

you could just about do two wrap around cruises for the price of one suite right? (we are in a Glory 9a for $1000/person...the base for this assumption) Most people who book the wrap arounds say they would consider it a downgrade if they were bumped to a suite. I've never had a suite but I'd be ticked if I lost my 9A.

I just went and checked....it's $1079/person for the 9A on my Glory sailing..............and $1879/person for the Cat 12.................balc Guar are from the $600's

I'd take two cruises!!

Ive had 3 wraps and i love them. 2 on upper and the last on veranda. Veranda has the best wrap because you have more on the side that is covered and the longest part uncovered (victory) down side of veranda is chair scraping noise from lido deck above and also would smell bacon and fries when cooking. My dh actually liked that part, go figure.

I just booked Splendor for July 13, 2008, leaving out of London, and a Cat. 12 was going to be almost $10,000 for 2 people!! Instead, I booked a 9-A wrap around on the upper deck and it was about $6500!! We have 4 sea days and 7 port days, so we didn't need that huge room for THIS cruise!! The itinerary for this cruise is AWESOME!! It actually goes to Russia!! I am so excited i can't get to sleep!! I showed the room on the deck plans to my daughter when she got home, and she said "WOW"! That is what I said too!!!

There is no way i could lose my cabin, is there? I don't want to get bumped to a suite!! Although, i can think of worse things!! I guess...:(:D

Oh, to answer the OP, well, you can tell MY answer, at least for my London cruise-wrap around, all the way!!!

I have not sailed in a wrap around but have cruised in a few cat 11's. I really liked them, there was plenty of room and best of all you get priority boarding which means it is a faster check in. If you decide not to go with a suite, if you arrive at the pier early enough, like 30 minutes before they start boarding it is just like priority boarding.

I've done two cat 11 on Carnival Spirit. the last one was a wrap. It was GREAT!!! If you like large balconies, a wrap is what you want. Romm 6260 had the advantage of not only a balcony that wrapped but the bedroom was separate from the living room. The bedroom had 2 doors and the place felt like a tiny one bedroom apt. I think it's great for privacy if you're going with friends or kids.

I've done two cat 11 on Carnival Spirit. the last one was a wrap. It was GREAT!!! If you like large balconies, a wrap is what you want. Romm 6260 had the advantage of not only a balcony that wrapped but the bedroom was separate from the living room. The bedroom had 2 doors and the place felt like a tiny one bedroom apt. I think it's great for privacy if you're going with friends or kids.

But, the wrap 11's on the spirit class don't allow more than 3 people. So you have to consider that when choosing a cabin.

Me, I'll take a wrap over any other cabin on the ship. We've sailed all categories over the past 25 yrs and the only one I won't sail in is an inside.

Although that might change, because I've run across some fantastic deals lately and the ship would be used as a means to get there and not as the place to be. So perhaps we will choose an inside since the time spent on the ship would only be for sleeping.

Another wrap fan here! I had a 12 on the Elation when we got a free upgrade, and had one 9A wrap with another booked. The 12 was great for entertaining, but that's it. While the space was nice, it was more than I needed on a cruise. Unless it's a Spirit-class and I have to book the 11 to get the wrap, I will choose the 9A over a suite every time!

Thanks for all the feed back -- I will target that wrap around balcony for my upcoming trips.

Since I live in Miami I get to the port super early and they usually let us board with the VIP's so since there are no other perks to a suite and I really really have wanted that wrap around -- I'm going to splurge!

Archived