Inspiration Help

jennbill

My half-sister called yesterday afternoon looking for some advice. She and her husband and kids plus some in-laws have booked the Inspiration in late June. This is their first cruise and she wanted hints. I gave her all the basics we know but I'm clueless about the Inspiration and similar ships. We have never sailed on a ship of that era. Any good tidbits I can send her way?

hi critic pal, i have cruised the inspiration twice. once a 7 nt out of new orleans and last year out of tampa on a 5 nt.. we had oview on the main deck. the muster drill is on the i think lido. i dont know where your cabins are, but may as well go up early so u dont have to fight all the others going up the steps. we like the ship, never noticed any age thing, but we dont look for it either. to busy! she is i believe 70,000 tons so u wont run into each other all the time. have sailed the glory twice as well, and had same fun on her as the older smaller inspiration. any questions may jar my memory..cindy

My half-sister called yesterday afternoon looking for some advice. She and her husband and kids plus some in-laws have booked the Inspiration in late June. This is their first cruise and she wanted hints. I gave her all the basics we know but I'm clueless about the Inspiration and similar ships. We have never sailed on a ship of that era. Any good tidbits I can send her way?

Sailed the Inspiration last month and just loved it. Had only been on the larger newer ships before, but DH and I decided we like the size of the Inspiration better. Pretty much the same amenities except there is no supper club. Altho it is older, by no means does it look shabby. Had a great CD (Rissa) and port shopper (Dave) and of course great meals and midnight buffets.

Tampa is a beautiful and easy port to sail out of

Hope they enjoy it as much as we did:)

my husband and I will be on the ship sailing on June 23rd. This is our 1st cruise and have had many questions as well. Are they on the same sailing, the 5 day out of Tampa, or anyone else for that matter? We are getting psyched be also a little scared that we "missed" something.

I'm not sure I understand your questions? We were on the 5-day that visited Grand Cayman and Calica. The food was the best I've had on any ship, service was great, pool area great, everything top notch. Do you have specific questions?

Doing the Inspiration again this Oct. anxious to see how the refurb went. How was Calica? Have never been to this port..any tips/suggestions for excursions and my dd wants to know if there is a Carlos & Charlies

Archived