Brazil Visas - Using cruiseline air. Is time a problem?

SandyR5

Hi - Would LOVE to hear from some of you about your visa process. We're doing a Brazil cruise on Azamara (Celebrity). We're using Celebrity air because it was a "sale" and couldn't resist the package. Now, I have been told that you must have confirmed air reservations, on travel agent letterhead, before you apply for the visa. We have always booked air on our own, but this time I'm not sure when we will receive the air confirmation from the cruise line. I would assume we're not getting it 'till 3-4 weeks before the trip. What was your experience? Was it a problem?

Hi - Would LOVE to hear from some of you about your visa process. We're doing a Brazil cruise on Azamara (Celebrity). We're using Celebrity air because it was a "sale" and couldn't resist the package. Now, I have been told that you must have confirmed air reservations, on travel agent letterhead, before you apply for the visa. We have always booked air on our own, but this time I'm not sure when we will receive the air confirmation from the cruise line. I would assume we're not getting it 'till 3-4 weeks before the trip. What was your experience? Was it a problem?

The information you have about for Brazilian visas is not correct. Pls read official information at: http://www.brasilemb.org/consulado/consular1.shtml

Wontan - What information is not correct? We will be going to the consulate in New York City.

You don't need an air itinerary. Your cruise booking will suffice. Just take whatever info you have from your TA or cruise line. You will be fine.

That would be great! The NYC consulate has an e-mail address. I think I'm going to write them to double check. That would be terrific news. Thanks for answering

The consulate will probably tell you to bring your air itinerary. There is often confusion at the consulates (any). And the lowest level people with the least English skills/knowledge of rules are usually designated to answer emails and the phone.

What ALL countries (except the USA, it seems) want to see is that you are LEAVING their country and don't plan on staying AND that you have enough money to get out, so not to be a burden. I'm positive the cruise itinerary (bring everything you have just in case-it should have your air listed, even if it doesn't have the flight numbers and times) will be more than sufficient.

Unless the rules have changed, you cannot get a Brazilian visa issued more than 90 days BEFORE you enter the country. So don't get one too early.

Archived