Tell why I should choose the Crown over Explorer of the Seas?

turtle7178

The Norwegian Crown out of NYC is a longer cruise to Bermuda but I keep reading that she is a "great little ship"...what does that mean..LOL!

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas is well.....HUGE.

The price is the same but Norwegian is 2 days longer.

Does Norwegian allow you to bring alcohol on board? ;) Or are they crazy with security like Royal seems to be?

Help me Decide!

Thank you!

The Norwegian Crown out of NYC is a longer cruise to Bermuda but I keep reading that she is a "great little ship"...what does that mean..LOL!

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas is well.....HUGE.

The price is the same but Norwegian is 2 days longer.

Does Norwegian allow you to bring alcohol on board? ;) Or are they crazy with security like Royal seems to be?

Help me Decide!

Thank you!

No alcohol allowed to brought on board.

Truly the biggest difference is between traditional cruising (Royal Caribbean) and Freestyle cruising (NCL). If you prefer one over the other, your choice is made.

The Crown is one of the smallest NCL ships... but well suited for Bermuda.

We loved the explorer class ships, that said we are going on the jewel next year but it is more comparable, bigger, new. We like those bells and whistles. I think it depends on who you are traveling with and what they are looking for. We have never been on the crown so I couldn't compare it but we loved RCI. And yes, they will snag your booze unfortuneatly :(

I will do the Crown this coming Sept 30th to Bermuda.

I have done the 5 day RCCL larger ship to Bermuda

I also have done small ship cruises to Bermuda. About 5 cruises.

The Crown takes you to St George and Hamilton. A larger area to visit. The EOS can only dock in one area at Kings Wharf

2 days longer would be my vote.

When we go to Bermuda, its to see Bermuda. Ohter ports its for the cruise

EOS, is one time for dinner and you have to dress formal at least one night

But watch prices. Both ships at some point have prices that are cheap enough to do both cruises

EOS has more daytime activitiies. But, if we are in Bermuda, we don't need that.

Do bothm

But if you can only do one cruise, I suggest The Crown, to see more of Bermudq

Yes, NCL wages war with bootleggers as much as Royal Caribbean.

I've yet to see a bootlegger on NCL..have you??? :p

Isn't a bootlegger someone who sells liquor at outrageously high prices because you can't buy it anywhere else at that particular time???

Sounds like the cruiselines :D

Have you been on a cruise before would be my first question to you?

Have you been to Bermuda ?

I have been on both ships and we are returning on the crown this coming october.

We did this itinerary last year when it did the 3 ports, this year is two which is fine, Hamilton and St.George have more to do. Kings wharf (Royal naval dockyard) is very pretty and scenic but not much to do in that direct area .

I/We LOVE the crown... She is a "great little ship" but it depends on what you like.

I had been on the Explorer of the seas and it is a huge ship, too many people for me. I/We don't need all the "bells and whistles".

We found the crown to be suited just fine for us. It is a small intimate little ship that had great entertainment, great food, a very friendly and accomodating crew, very easy to navigate the entire ship quickly. It does have a small pool but it also carries less than a thousand passengers while the explorer had two pools but over 3000 passengers... Either ship there was never a problem getting into any restaurants or buffets. They each handled the capacity quite well.

I honestly can say I enjoyed being in bermuda the entire time getting to explore more on our own, I also love the caribbean islands , just wish they'd stay longer in St.Maarten & St.Thomas on their itineraries. Thats the part I don't like as St.Maarten is probably my favorite caribbean island.

Bermuda is absolutly gorgous, amazing beaches, very friendly people every where you go, they are just so courteous and helpful and can tell when you're lost as they offer directions all the time.

We did alot of walking/exploring and felt SAFE the entire time day or night.

I'd say Start small (the crown) as this is her last year in sailing our area then you can go big....

Either way I wish you an amazing cruise , they're both sure to please.

Good luck and let us know what you've decided.

I've only ever taken two cruises. The first was September 2004 (in between two hurricanes) on the Explorer of the Seas. The second was August 2006 on the Crown. I loved both cruises, for different reasons. The Explorer is huge and I often got lost trying to find my way somewhere. That cruise was to the western carribean and we enjoyed the ports we got to. (Missed the Cayman Islands as it was damaged by one of the hurricanes). It was the perfect ship for the itinerary. The Crown was much smaller (could have been the Explorer's tugboat). Never got lost trying to find my way somewhere. It was the perfect ship for the Bermuda itinerary. We left the ship one morning before it departed for the Dockyards and got an early start on the beaches then met up with it at the Dockyards at lunchtime. We had considered doing the Explorer's Bermuda cruise and were glad we chose the Crown. We had 3 nights in Bermuda as opposed to 1 night. We were able to see more of Bermuda than we would have on the Explorer cruise and we ended up paying less for a longer cruise.

I did the crown to bermuda.

Here is the main thing --

The dockyard (kings wharf) is the least compelling port on bermuda by far.

Crown itinerary is far better, st. george in particular is a real gem.

For the ship itself, I'd rather be on the explorer, but I wouldn't even think of picking that cruise over crown because of St. George + longer itinerary.

Archived