RCL's Historic Dubrovnik & Village Life Tour

would be interested in any feedback on this tour from cruisers who have done it.

I'm actually leaning towards doing my own thing, but this definitely sounds interesting with a visit to the home of “Mijo Sisa Konavljanin. and traditional lunch at the typical country home of the “Glavic” family accompanied by local entertainment.

Frances

I was in Dubrovnik two weeks ago and did RCCL Tresenio Gardens and old town Dubrovnik. Old town is worth going to. The entire city is surrounded by a wall, which you can climb up and have a panoramic view of surrounding area. There are plenty of places to have lunch in old town, plus there are several churchs and buildings to see. RCCL has a shuttle bus that will take you from the ship to old town and back.

cheers

I was in Dubrovnik just a couple days ago on our fabulous Med cruise and heartily suggest you do it on your own! Our ship (Hal's Veendam) charged $10. round trip each for the shuttle bus per person, but we found that using the local cabs was cheaper as they only charge $10. each way, so with two couples sharing a cab we came out 50% cheaper AND we beat all the others to the Old Town and we walked almost the whole way around the walls before the other tourists got there! It was GREAT! The shops and little cafes all over Dubrovnik were wonderful, too!

Several days ago a very generous participant on this message board started FAQ threads for a large # of Med ports. Dubrovnik is one of them.

Suggest you skim down the threads and/or use the "Search this Forum" tool at the top (right side) of the list of threads on this board and you'll find it and a few other recent threads with info about Dubrovnik - walking the walls etc.

The Dubrovnik FAQ thread also has lots of useful links to Tourist Info re the city.

FWIW, we prefer to walk into the Old Town when we dock at Dubrovnik - even cheaper than a taxi, very scenic and great exercise!

- my comments about this are in a post on the thread below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=556589&highlight=dubrovnik

Archived