Questions, questions! - Oriana

Topcruise

Hi everyone, this is my first post but I've picked up lots of info already from you all whilst browsing the boards. I tend to stress about things I'm not sure of , so before hubby an I head on our first 12n cruise down to the Canaries, there are lots of things in my head! Like.....

we'd like to eat in Rhodes restaurant on the second night as a birthday celebration, ( a sea day), might this be a formal night? ..........and, if you plan to eat in the other dining venues rather than the assigned dining room, should you let the others on the table know?

I don't want to disappear off after the first night and offend them!

Thanks so much, and I'll be back with other q's!

Hello Topcruise and welcome. Yes, you are right - formal nights do tend to fall on sea days. If dining in the Rhodes you will need to book early as these venues prove to be rather popular. As a matter of courtesey it is polite to let you fellow diners know where you are just so they know what they are missing!!! Have a great time. We are sailing on Oriana again in October and are looking forward to seeing the new improved ship.

Regards

WLCS

Hi everyone, this is my first post but I've picked up lots of info already from you all whilst browsing the boards. I tend to stress about things I'm not sure of , so before hubby an I head on our first 12n cruise down to the Canaries, there are lots of things in my head! Like.....

we'd like to eat in Rhodes restaurant on the second night as a birthday celebration, ( a sea day), might this be a formal night? ..........and, if you plan to eat in the other dining venues rather than the assigned dining room, should you let the others on the table know?

I don't want to disappear off after the first night and offend them!

Thanks so much, and I'll be back with other q's!

Also good to let your waiter know as well and then he can set the table for those left. Also he will not be waiting for you and serve the others straight away.

We are going on Oriana in November to the Canaries as well.

Have a great cruise:)

Keep the questions coming:)

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Your second night will be formal - Captain's Cocktail Party. Tell your dining companions that you will not be there as youare going to Rhodes. Go to Rhodes as soon as you can after boarding to get a table for your chosen night. Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Archived