OBC Question

bubbles1209

I should know the answer to this, but I'm tired and not thinking very straight, so I'll ask you guys. You book a cruise, and on your invoice it says cruise rate $1069 pp., and misc. taxes $60.00. Then you see where the price has dropped to $1019 pp. You call your PVP and tell her/him the price has gone down and you want obc. He/she tells you that you only paid $919 for the cabin, was upgraded for free with a past guest discount, and the $1069 shown on your invoice as cruise rate is your cruise rate plus the port charges, and the miscellaneous charges are cruise fees/taxes, so therefore you don't get obc. Anyone have this happen? Do your pvp's/ta's tell you the base rate of the cabin when you book, and how much is taxes? Do you base your obc on the base rate, or the amt the pvp says is base rate plus port charges? Just curious.

I don't get told the base rate when i book, they just tell me the total price of the cruise.

When i get my invoice, it is broken down into the price of the cruise, taxes & port charges.

At this point i will know the base price.

When i am looking for a price drop, i look at the total price i have payed verses the total price the cruise has dropped, not just the base price.

Geez, what are you doing up so late, what is it 2 or 3 am in Georgia?

Similar question here, but maybe doesn't warrant a whole new thread.

My situation:

8A is $819

8B is $869

We booked at the $819 price and received an upgrade to the deck we wanted, which was 8B. When looking for price drops, I know I have to look at the 8B price in order to keep the upgrade. However, does the 8B need to drop LOWER than $819 (the price we paid for the 8A) before I could receive a discount, or does any drop below the current 8B price count?

TIA!

Similar question here, but maybe doesn't warrant a whole new thread.

My situation:

8A is $819

8B is $869

We booked at the $819 price and received an upgrade to the deck we wanted, which was 8B. When looking for price drops, I know I have to look at the 8B price in order to keep the upgrade. However, does the 8B need to drop LOWER than $819 (the price we paid for the 8A) before I could receive a discount, or does any drop below the current 8B price count?

TIA!

Yes, if you want to keep the upgrade, the price needs to drop lower than the 8B to keep the cabin you now have. If you want the lower price, then you give up the upgrade and go back into the pool to be reassigned later.

Archived