4x4 Safari & Shipwreck Snorkel

Noswad53

• 4 weeks later...

We will be on the cruise with our 1 teenager, son 19 and 23 year old daugther. This is their graduation present and my wife's 50th. 3rd cruise 1st with kids. Wife is kind of freaked out with snorkling. Maybe we will see Jaws. LOL Someone told me to bring dog bone chews to feed the fish. See you on the trip. We are from Ohio.

I am traveling with my sis and 2 sons (ages 14 and 16). My husband isn't going with us this trip; he keeps telling people he wasn't invited but he is using that as an excuse. He really just doesn't like to travel. :cool: All of us except my oldest son likes to snorkel and the only reason he doesn't is because he is afraid of getting stung by jellyfish or being eaten by sharks; go figure. :rolleyes: We live close to the panhandle of WV just about 1 1/2 hour from DC.

I have done the safari ride once in Barbados and it was great but at that time they didn't offer the shipwreck snorkel as part of the package. I did however go on my own and snorkel at one of the beaches and I remember it as one of the best snorkel experiences that I have had. I saw a lot of tropical fish and at one point there were about a million of tiny little silver fish swimming all around me. I would turn right and they would turn right; I would turn left and they would turn left. I thought isn't this great! Then all of a sudden I felt a little nibble on my leg and then another one. Oh my gosh they were starting to eat me! :eek: I started wailing my arms around trying to get them away from me and eventually they did go away. I also saw an eel that day swim right below me. That was also a little scary. It was beautiful though and I can't wait to go back.

Archived