Constellation Drydock Update?

TIMONEY

Was bumbed last April for Constellation Drydock, Does anyone have any info on what they did other than the so called engine work. I would Like to hear about it! Bedding upgrade? Sailing in Sept- Transatlantic Eager to hear any news...

We were able to take the first trip on Connie after her nearly 3 week drydock. They did a lot more to here than I expected.

1. All the beds were replaced, a little firm for my comfort but our room steward placed a foam top over it it and it was great.

2. New bedding, white ticking duvet and new selection of pillows to go with it.

3. New bath matts (cc and suites) and towels in the rooms.

4. New carpet in nearly all the public rooms.

5. New window coverings and mostly new upholstery in many of the public room.

Aesthetics, she's like new.

Things you don't notice: Recess lighting is being changed from halogen to L.E.D., less heat and considerably longer life. New power generator, primarily for idle in port, much more efficient than engine power supply. Improved water generating and supply ability. And the Captain mentioned something about "a state of the art" ability to smooth out the ride. There was absolutely no engine vibration throuout the trip. It was actually the smoothest 2 weeks I've spent on any ship. And considereably more smooth than my cruise last month on the Oosterdam! Oh, and a state of the art Gray and black water treatment facility to allow treatment of sewage on board. Some of this info. is second hand so I can't be sure of the specifics.

Hopefully Celebrity will continue to update there ships like they've done with Century and Constellation. The changes they've are not just aesthetics but show a longsighted view for the Celebrity Company.

Thanks for the info we leave June 30 on the Baltic cruise. We booked before we knew about the dry dock - when I heard about dd I was looking forward to a newly spiffed up ship.

How was the food? Were there menu changes?

No flat screens in SS category on down, Bigger suites still have them.

The food was very good as usual. This trip we spent several night in Ocean Liners and only dined a few times in the main dining room. So didn't get to experience the main dining selection. Consistently good and served hot.

Archived