Looking for quiet beach

JRudy33

I know everyone raves about Paradise Beach, but is it crowded all the time? We would like a nice quiet beautiful beach that we could just lay on the beach or float in the water, and of course bar and restaurant. Any suggestions?

Nachi Cocom is your spot. It even has a swim-up bar. I've never seen it terribly crowded. The food and the service are good and the facilities are nice. There is a long stretch of beautiful beach. It's a really nice place.

Lori, thanks for the name of the beach. I found a little about it on the internet, but not too much. Do you know if there is a fee for the beach and about how much taxi fare is from where the ship docks? Thanks again.

Beaches on the Atlantic Side are essentially deserted. However, the surf tends to be rough. If you absolutely have to float in the water, then go to Chen Rio. There is a reef that offers relief from the waves. If you don't need to float, then go to Mescalito's. They have the best grilled shrimp I've ever had. The bar takes up most of the space under the palapa, but there are tables on the patio and also in the sand. And, there are hammocks strung up if you just want to snuggle with a bottle of beer.

• 2 weeks later...

JRudy -

I received an email from the manager yesterday and here are the all inclusive packages:

Open bar/domestic/use of non motorized water sports - $32

Open bar/domestic/buffet from 1:00 - 3:30 - $43

If you email him at the nachi-cocom website (do a search in google) he will respond with a 10% discount on inclusive packages and a 20% discount on food.

No admission, but they do ask you spend up to $10.00 on food and beverage

From everyones description its quiet and relaxing. It's not "party central" (like Playa Mia/Del sol). They have a freshwater pool w/ a swim up bar and also a jacuzzi. They offer many water sports (motorized sports have a charge), but no trampoline- they do offer banana boat rides, paddel boats, volleyball court, kayaks, wave runners, parasailing and snorkel equip. They have hammocks too!

JRudy - I see that someone else posted the link to the website and the pricing info. As long as you buy something there is no entrance fee. They don't strictly enforce the $10 rule, but you'll probably spend that anyway if you are there for a while. The taxi fare will probably run you about $12 from town, a little less if you dock at Puerta Maya. Have fun!

Archived