PVP question

Tulip_Girl

I've always booked our cruises through our travel agent, but after reading comments here, I decided to see what our PVP could offer us. I e-mailed him last weekend. I know Monday was a holiday, but I didn't hear from him until Wednesday afternoon. He wouldn't give me any of the information I'd requested. He just asked for my phone number and when he could call me. So, I gave him my phone number and scheduled several hours a day for Thursday, Friday, and today when he could call me. I still haven't heard from him. I offered to call him, but he didn't want me to do that. It's been a week now since I wrote to him asking for a price quote on a specific cruise and cabin category. I'm a little frustrated that I still don't have any information from him. Is this typical? I find it hard to work with someone who takes more than a week to respond to my question. Can I request a new PVP? I should mention that I e-mailed him a year ago, and he never did respond. Thanks for your help!

Dottie

I've always booked our cruises through our travel agent, but after reading comments here, I decided to see what our PVP could offer us. I e-mailed him last weekend. I know Monday was a holiday, but I didn't hear from him until Wednesday afternoon. He wouldn't give me any of the information I'd requested. He just asked for my phone number and when he could call me. So, I gave him my phone number and scheduled several hours a day for Thursday, Friday, and today when he could call me. I still haven't heard from him. I offered to call him, but he didn't want me to do that. It's been a week now since I wrote to him asking for a price quote on a specific cruise and cabin category. I'm a little frustrated that I still don't have any information from him. Is this typical? I find it hard to work with someone who takes more than a week to respond to my question. Can I request a new PVP? I should mention that I e-mailed him a year ago, and he never did respond. Thanks for your help!

Dottie

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much problems contacting your Carnival PVP, this just do not sound right and I would almost want to question you if you had a correct Carnival PVP. I have been using my PVP for the last five years and she has been taking good care of my for all my Carnival cruises and I would like to give you her name and number but I can not post it on these message boards. All you would have to do is give her a call and tell her my name and I believe she will be able to help you out. If you would like to send me an email at www.jjamess40@aol.com I will provide you with her name.

Then your PVP apparently is too busy to have you under their care. I'd get a new PVP. My PVP works Monday through Friday and if I email him, I get a response within 5 minutes....no kidding. If I ask him to call, I hit send and the phone rings within 2 minutes usually OR I get an email back saying "give me X number of minutes."

He's great!

Are we allowed to give out names here? I am not sure....so if interested, send me an email at gregandjena@sc.rr.com and I'll let you know how to reach him.

Yes, you can and should request a different PVP. Call Carnival and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation. Tell the supervisor you are not satisfied and ask to be assigned a different PVP. You will probably get a really great one by going through the supervisor. Good luck! :)

. If you would like to send me an email at www.jjamess40@aol.com I will provide you with her name.

Hi neighbor! Just for your and GKRN's information, Cruise Critic rules say we also can't ask for or request emails from members about any agents or agencies, including PVPs. Sorry...just wanted to let y'all know.:)

I've always booked our cruises through our travel agent, but after reading comments here, I decided to see what our PVP could offer us.

Hi Dottie. I'm confused. If you always book through a TA, why would you also say you have a PVP?

Can I request a new PVP?

Why do you want a new PVP if you always book through a TA? I guess I'm just not understanding. Please let this old feeble mind know what you mean.:)

I've always booked our cruises through our travel agent, but after reading comments here, I decided to see what our PVP could offer us.

Hi Dottie. I'm confused. If you always book through a TA, why would you also say you have a PVP?

Can I request a new PVP?

Why do you want a new PVP if you always book through a TA? I guess I'm just not understanding. Please let this old feeble mind know what you mean.:)

:rolleyes:

I have local travel agent that I book other travel through and I also have a PVP assigned to me. When you register on the website you are automatically assigned to a PVP as I never requested one. Anytime I start researching cruises on the website I get a call from him.

I booked my Nov 2008 cruise through a Carnival Rep that answered the 800 number. I had called my TA and requested info and pricing and she never returned my call. I then called the PVP who didn't return my call by the next day so I called the 800 number and got a very nice rep that I booked with. (Large booking for him)

When researching my Feb 2008 cruise a week ago I called him back during the one day sale and booked that one with him. Since I booked the first one he is very prompt to return emails and phone calls and I will probably use him from now on due to the good service I have received.

:rolleyes:

From reading your posts on other threads, I can see that you are big on "value added" posts. So, what "value" did your little sarcastic roll-eyes post "add" to this thread? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I now see on another thread that you say the "value added" was not your quote originally. I still stand by my position that your post did not add anything to the thread, and seems to be a bit of a slam on Cotton, who is a well respected member of this community.

Can I request a new PVP?

Just thought that was being picky and had nothing to do with the question. I am allowed a opinion and I thought a "rolled eyes" was just right

From reading your posts on other threads, I can see that you are big on "value added" posts. So, what "value" did your little sarcastic roll-eyes post "add" to this thread? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I now see on another thread that you say the "value added" was not your quote originally. I still stand by my position that your post did not add anything to the thread, and seems to be a bit of a slam on Cotton, who is a well respected member of this community.

What I'm not allowed to roll my eyes at someones comment??? I wasn't slamming cotton.

Jeezz relax:rolleyes:

Archived