Losing my SLEEP over this!!!

familycruising07

I STILL have not gotten our passports. I know there are so many threads about this already but I'm just FUMING about it. We're going on 16 weeks this coming friday..... AND THATS THE DAY WE LEAVE!! Honestly, when they say 10-12 weeks..... thats what it should be! I've also got a trip to Canada coming up in 3 weeks and i SURE hope i get them by then!!! This stinks, i just want to have some solid sleep. Been up since 1:30am thinking about this!

Oh my! :eek: You applied in February then? Have you called the passport agency? What did they say? What does your online status show?

Sorry for all the questions. Even though we don't leave until December, I probably will worry until I have them in our hands! :) We applied in April and I have yet to know if my fiance's application even made it. Check has been cashed, website "can not locate application". I sent all of our stuff at the same time and mine is showing up as processing.

Oh my! :eek: You applied in February then? Have you called the passport agency? What did they say? What does your online status show?

Sorry for all the questions. Even though we don't leave until December, I probably will worry until I have them in our hands! :) We applied in April and I have yet to know if my fiance's application even made it. Check has been cashed, website "can not locate application". I sent all of our stuff at the same time and mine is showing up as processing.

Mine and my daughters says "Your application is being processed".... UGH! Can you see? I'm STILL awake! LOL! I just hope they get here by week 18 for Canada..luckily we're flying to florida for this first trip.... I'm sure you'll be ok, your lucky you dont have to travel too soon! :)

So since you are under 14 days I guess you have called the passport office to expedite (they do it for free)? I waited until I got down to 14 days, I called and called until I got through...they expidited them and I got them 3 DAYS before we left for Freedom.

But why are you losing sleep? You do have backup birth certificates right? If you don't, get THEM. If you do, NO WORRIES! We did NOT REALLY need our passports. Birth certificates work just fine. We used them on our last cruise before Freedom (and of course every one before that too)

So since you are under 14 days I guess you have called the passport office to expedite (they do it for free)? I waited until I got down to 14 days, I called and called until I got through...they expidited them and I got them 3 DAYS before we left for Freedom.

But why are you losing sleep? You do have backup birth certificates right? If you don't, get THEM. If you do, NO WORRIES! We did NOT REALLY need our passports. Birth certificates work just fine. We used them on our last cruise before Freedom (and of course every one before that too)

oh, i have birth certs. but what makes me worry is the trip to canada... if they havent gotten here by 16 weeks....what are the chances by week 18?? I cannot for the life of me get through on the passport line... this STINKS! I have, however, contacted our local congressman's office last week (9days till departure)... and they said they have 200 requests the same as mine sitting on their desks... but they DID say they were being processed out of Charleston and they they are better at getting them to you in time (how comforting).

I guess i just like the security of a passport...especially if little one gets sick or anything happens... I'll just keep praying!

oh, i have birth certs. but what makes me worry is the trip to canada... if they havent gotten here by 16 weeks....what are the chances by week 18?? I cannot for the life of me get through on the passport line... this STINKS! I have, however, contacted our local congressman's office last week (9days till departure)... and they said they have 200 requests the same as mine sitting on their desks... but they DID say they were being processed out of Charleston and they they are better at getting them to you in time (how comforting).

I guess i just like the security of a passport...especially if little one gets sick or anything happens... I'll just keep praying!

Believe me, if the little one gets sick you WILL get back into the country with little problem. When my 8 month old daughter needed to be medically evacuated off the Disney Magic they didn't even LOOK at our documentation when we were being rushed back into the country. They came running into the ship's hospital and rushed us right off the dock into the awaiting ambulance. And they didn't look at my family's papers either who was following behind in a cruise ship shuttle.

Did you try the dialing zero trick. I did and that's how I got through. I pressed 1 for English, then pressed whatever it was for "leaving in under 2 weeks" (maybe it was 3) then before it could put me on hold and hang up on me I pressed zero...where I sat on hold for 1.5 hours. :mad: But I got through.

Good news. For those out there who still need passports within 14 days, its worth it to call the passport office, just keep pressing 9-3-1 and EVENTUALLY you'll get the the second holding pattern and then get to talk to an agent. After a total of an hour i made it through, they expedited my daughters passport on Saturday, it should be here Monday, and then she put in an urgent request for me to get a fed-ex business shipping on mine :) I have some peace of mind now!

Good news. For those out there who still need passports within 14 days, its worth it to call the passport office, just keep pressing 9-3-1 and EVENTUALLY you'll get the the second holding pattern and then get to talk to an agent. After a total of an hour i made it through, they expedited my daughters passport on Saturday, it should be here Monday, and then she put in an urgent request for me to get a fed-ex business shipping on mine :) I have some peace of mind now!

YEAYYYYY! Congrats! :D

Archived